First prototype of ShootingSight PS90 trigger - Page 4

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thanks Tree66Thanks

Thread: First prototype of ShootingSight PS90 trigger

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Good work and good luck with this project. New products always take YEARS to get perfected and then manufactured.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

I'm making progress, slowly, as I have a couple of other projects going on at the same time.

I did have a setback. I designed a drop safety that works way better than the FN one. The FN design (copied from Styer), is a poor design. The re-timed auto sear catches the hammer after the trigger lets it fall. It's actually scary how easy it is to do. If you take a trigger pack and give it a smart rap on its back face by smacking it on a table, the hammer will fall, and the old auto-sear will catch it. Nice design to mitigate a failure, except that the failure should not have happened in the first place. THe trigger should never have dropped the hammer.

So I designed a drop safety that actually prevents the trigger from dropping the hammer in the first place. And I made a bunch of parts.

But then I had second thoughts. From a liability perspective, no matter how crap I thought FN/Styer's design was, removing a tested safety system in favor of an untested one seemed wrong. So I re-did the design. It now has the auto sear back in it. Now I just need to figure out where to get the auto sears made. THe plastic ones are probably $0.10, if I only knew who owned the mold. Unfortunately, its likely someone in Belgium, and FN won't share. So I'll need to get them made by someone with a turning center.
    Rangerone, jaflowers, FS2KSTD and 4 others thanked this.
    Art Neergaard
    ShootingSight LLC
    Offering the only adjustable 2-stage SCAR trigger

513-702-4879

^^^ Pretty sure you could talk to ManKave
    Smurky and jaflowers thanked this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links