FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: SilencerCo Evo 3 Adapter

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

SilencerCo Evo 3 Adapter

We did a video using the Evo 3 and SilencerCo's Evo adapter for the Octane 9. The adapter just replaces you piston assembly on the Octane and threads right on to the Evo. Silencer performed great as usual but the Evo is a very loud platform and you can see from the "at ear numbers".

Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /

512-931-4556

Thanks for the video Jeremy. I've been wondering if someone was going to do this for the EVO and the MPX as I think allot of people are between those two platforms for SBR and suppression purposes. I'm hoping the MPX is quieter to the ear than the Evo or a 9mm AR. Are you going to do a video with the MPX anytime soon?
    fbphenom thanked this.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hyrulejedi86 View Post
    Are you going to do a video with the MPX anytime soon?
    When we ever get ours in
    Last edited by Jeremy M.; 10-09-2015 at 08:39 AM.
    Troublesx10 thanked this.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

/
    /

512-931-4556

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

It's interesting to see that the "at the ear" numbers are so high. My Scorpion with an Octane 45 (which is probably a couple of decibels lower than the octane 9 in the video) and subsonic ammo sounds very quiet... only my suppressed 22s sound quieter to my ears.

Jeremy - this 3 lug will work in the octane 45? Do you have these in stock?

Thanks for the video. My "ear meter" tells me that the scorpion sounds like a pretty good host with a liberty mystic and an osprey 9. Very little blowback as well.

Having shot both the Evo and MPX suppressed I can tell you that the MPX is quieter but it had so much gas blowback much like an AR pattern rifle does suppressed that it honestly was not that fun to shoot. I am much happier with my Evo when suppressed. The MPX does have a better trigger and the grip & angle is better than the Evo (but the grip and angle is fine for me when used with the stock in SBR fashion) but the excessive gassing when suppressed was the total turn off for me and the killer of me shelling out the cash for one of my own (I'll just shoot my buddies when the can is in use on something else).
    - Mike -

Benefactor Life Member

Life Member

Ambassador Life Member
    FN Gear
    Scar 17s FDE
    FNX-45 Tactical FDE (Twins)
    FNX-45 Blk
    FiveSeveN FDE
    My Oath to defend our nation against all enemies... was and is still an oath for me.

We need an aftermarket solution for the MPX with a gas buster charging handle.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    I got to shoot the MXP twice over the past year. Both with silencers. I thought the gun ran great however they were pre-production guns. I want to get one for myself as soon as I can.
    Silencer Shop

/
    /

512-931-4556

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    Jeremy - this 3 lug will work in the octane 45? Do you have these in stock?
    We are out of both the 3-lug mounts for the Octane and the Revolution. We have more on the way though.
    Troublesx10 thanked this.
    Silencer Shop

/
    /

512-931-4556

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links