FNX 45 Threaded Barrel - please read my offer if you have an FNX 45 TACTICAL

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: FNX 45 Threaded Barrel - please read my offer if you have an FNX 45 TACTICAL

FNX 45 Threaded Barrel - please read my offer if you have an FNX 45 TACTICAL

I'm willing to pay good price (PM me to discuss / negotiate offer) for a new or used FNX 45 threaded barrel in good working condition. This must include the cap as well. Very important to note that this MUST be for the FNX and NOT the FNP. No exceptions.

Here is the thing... I got an Osprey 45, and non-tactical FNX 45 (three of them actually) and I've just been told by the horses mouth (EZK) that the FNP threaded barrels will NOT work in a FNX 45 non tactical ... so for my purposes I cannot accept a FNP threaded barrel.... it simply won't and can't work.... I wish it could, but it ain't that way...

I have checked everywhere online.... no one sells a FNX 45 threaded barrel separately, it is either FNX 45 tactical from the get go or bust....

So at this point in time, for various reasons I refuse to buy a tactical version of the FNX 45 (mostly because I think it is ugly, based on principles of aesthetics, etc.... and also because I like the non-tactical better, for my own reasons) so my only hope of getting what I need (short of waiting months/years for FN or EZK to finally wake up) is to :

Get a transplant!

If someone who has a FNX 45 TACTICAL is willing to sell me your barrel...... send me a PM.

My guess is you'd have to pay the price of the pistol... If we gave you our barrels our pistol would be a paper weight... Just a little insight. Good luck.
    -Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by twinturbonium View Post
    My guess is you'd have to pay the price of the pistol... If we gave you our barrels our pistol would be a paper weight... Just a little insight. Good luck.

Make an offer. PM me if interested.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    $1800.00?? Let me know and I can hook you up..?? Seriously not BSing, I will buy the gun and swap barrels with you.

Quote Originally Posted by J.polisi View Post
    $1800.00?? Let me know and I can hook you up..?? Seriously not BSing, I will buy the gun and swap barrels with you.
    For real... Hah.
    -Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by twinturbonium View Post
    And also, I just want to point it, it wouldn't exactly be paperweight.... I have three FNX 45 non Tacticals... I could easily ship whomever was to offer me their threaded 45 barrel my NON threaded 45 barrel... so their gun would still function. And they still keep the raised tritium night sights, the frame, slide, three 15 round capacity mags, their tactical bag/case.... hardly "paperweight"... eventually FNX 45 threaded barrels would be available, and by that time they could easily convert it back to original state/shape....

I'd offer to pay premium for the convenience of not having to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by J.polisi View Post

As stated in my title, this offer is only for people who already have the FNX 45 TACTICAL. I don' t know this for a fact, but it would not be unreasonable to assume that not every single person who has a FNX tactical has an inclination to put a suppressor on it, so me swapping my barrel with them, and paying them a good decent price for the barrel would mean a FNX 45 Tactical (and that if a FNX 45 threaded barrel) would not be put to waste, and it would be a win-win situation for both involved.

I have never dealt with FNH service, but I have had success with other manufacturers by talking with them. I have emailed Bill Geissele and had a trigger sent that was supposed to be no longer available(great guy by the way) . I almost got HK to send me a barrel that wasn't available. Maybe try talking to someone at FN that could hook you up. It's a long shot I know. But if you can get ahold of one sympathetic ear, it may work.
    Im guessing most people are going to want a prohibitive amount for their barrels. Maybe just buy a Glock 21 with a threaded barrel and wait for FNH to release spare barrels. At least that way you can use your suppressor and may actually save money. I know I would require an obscene amount to part with my barrel. But then again I'm waiting for my Osprey45 too.
    Good luck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by humint View Post
    As stated in my title, this offer is only for people who already have the FNX 45 TACTICAL. I don' t know this for a fact, but it would not be unreasonable to assume that not every single person who has a FNX tactical has an inclination to put a suppressor on it, so me swapping my barrel with them, and paying them a good decent price for the barrel would mean a FNX 45 Tactical (and that if a FNX 45 threaded barrel) would not be put to waste, and it would be a win-win situation for both involved.
    I mean, not to be a A** but have you thought about what it would do to the resale value of their gun??

Quote Originally Posted by six-n-twins View Post
    I have never dealt with FNH service, but I have had success with other manufacturers by talking with them. I have emailed Bill Geissele and had a trigger sent that was supposed to be no longer available(great guy by the way) . I almost got HK to send me a barrel that wasn't available. Maybe try talking to someone at FN that could hook you up. It's a long shot I know. But if you can get ahold of one sympathetic ear, it may work.
    Im guessing most people are going to want a prohibitive amount for their barrels. Maybe just buy a Glock 21 with a threaded barrel and wait for FNH to release spare barrels. At least that way you can use your suppressor and may actually save money. I know I would require an obscene amount to part with my barrel. But then again I'm waiting for my Osprey45 too.
    Good luck!
    Well if you are waiting on your Osprey 45 it would not make sense for you to sell your threaded barrel....

I'm mainly pitching to the group of people on here who have a FNX tactical who are either NOT interested in putting a suppressor on it, or are in no hurry to do so in the foreseeable future. I would pay for their FNX 45 threaded barrel AND do a barrel SWAP with them, so they will still have a fully functional gun, just without the ability to attach a suppressor.... This way the threaded barrel can be put to maximum use, and they can still keep everything else that makes the Tactical version so "tactical" and keep that since I do not want that. If I had bought a Tactical I would just strip it for the threaded barrel and have no use for the rest of it, so I thought why not try to see if I could find someone where this arrangement would be mutually beneficial for all involved... Obviously the price I'm willing to pay for this threaded barrel would be LESS (how much less is yet to be negotiated) than the current going rate/ market price for a new or used but like new FNX 45 Tactical, and MORE than what EZK charges for a matte FNP 45 threaded barrel... so it will be a number between the two extremes.... whomever accepts my offer would get to keep my non-threaded barrel forever, for free... they would have a fully functional gun, and keep the raised night sights, etc etc.... and eventually be able to convert back after FNX 45 threaded barrels become plentiful.... I'm simply paying a premium for the convenience of having it "now" and it would be an ideal arrangement for someone who was in no hurry/rush to put a suppressor on his Tactical and wouldn't find getting a free nonT barrel and getting paid for a trade.... I would obviously pay them MORE than what it would cost them in the future to buy another threaded barrel to put the gun back to original condition... and they wind up with an extra barrel...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links