FN Herstal Firearms banner

1st FN! FNP-45 owner

951 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  djv38 
#1 ·
Doing the standard forum introduction. Been shooting all my life, but only really got into firearms and collecting about two years ago. Still had not owned a high-capacity pistol or anything polymer or more modern than an Hk P7.

Found a practically new FNP-45 for $350 :evil: Yeah $350. that I couldn't pass up. I was looking for a .45acp and a high cap of some sort, so I killed two birds with one stone, and did it cheaply too! Looking forward to shooting it hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds. I can't get over how new this thing is. It still has assembly lube on it and two of the three mags were never used.

I did some research on here last evening and am convinced that the FNP-45 is an outstanding firearm. The mag issues don't bother me as I'm sure that FN will figure everything out, but I'm pretty certain that it is the ammo, but we will see I guess.

One thing that I've noticed is that this gun feels great for such a huge monster. You need monster thumbs to load the mags it seems, but the grip is very comfortable and even more importantly, the sights are great and the trigger seems excellent on dry-fire in both DA and SA.

Think I'll hang around as I'm very pleased so far with the pistol and the info here. I'll need you folks for good info on holsters, night sights, etc, for this gun.

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.