FN Herstal Firearms banner

scar 17s waiting game

Tags
17s scar17s
4K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  khailin 
#1 ·
I am new to this forum, but thank you to everybody on here, I found a bunch of great information here which ultimately helped me purchase my Scar 17s. I have a bit of experience with FN's, I've shot the fnp45, fnp40, five-seven pistol, m16a4, and a few FAL's. I bought an FDE off gunbroker from Northern Firearms after I saw the thread last week on here. They got my FFL information and payment today so it should be shipping today or tomorrow.

One of my concerns was magazine availability, obviously I'm not going to walk into a store and find magazines, but I didn't have much of a problem. I ordered a pair of FDE mags from Expert Outfitters on gunbroker and when I called to pay the owner offered to sell me extra FDE magazines for $32.50, so I picked up 6 magazines. I don't know if they do that deal for everybody, but I certainly feel lucky to get FDE mags at that price.

I got a case of surplus argentine NATO 7.62x51, I ordered a few different tangodown scar rail covers, the tangodown stubby vfg, and an HSP INFORCE WML. I use a surefire millenium on my m4, but I want to keep the scar lightweight so this light looks good for that purpose.

I am probably getting the vickers sling and the blue force gear wire adapter in the back and a VTAC qd mount for the front.

I am going to have to save for an optic so for now I will run something I have on hand like an aimpoint pro or an ACOG.

I was originally saving up to buy an FAL but by the time I kitted it out with a railed top cover, and forend I was approaching SCAR territory $$ to make something it is not designed to be. So I decided to spend a little extra and get the SCAR 17 for the better accuracy, lighter weight, better balance, monolithic upper, etc. Also as much as everybody seems to complain about the SCAR trigger it is better than the DSA FAL trigger in my opinion.

Now I just have to wait for everything to ship and bide my time staring at everybody's 17s.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.