FN Herstal Firearms banner

Hello from Fire488

1K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Fire488 
#1 ·
Hello FN community!
My name is Scott and I am 49 years old. I have been a professional Firefighter in a very busy city for 26 years now. My kids are older now and I made the choice to finally purchase a pistol. I have fired weapons, but I never actually owned a weapon before and still have to learn everything about it. I was advised to go to a gun shop and hold the weapons in my hand and pick that way. So i did. I held everything in their case and the only gun that felt good in my big hands was the FNX-45. I looked at the tactical version as well, bit since in New Jersey we cannot use attachments for the barrel i could not justify the extra cost. I purchased some ammo and cannot wait to fire this weapon and I will be heading for the range with my brother-in-law who also owns a new pistol. He purchased the Glock 23 and it seems nice, but it just felt wrong in my hand, plus i wanted a larger caliber.
Great to meet you and I know I made the right decision because it just feels right.

Take care,

Scott

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the FNX-45! It is a fine pistol.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy
#4 ·
Scott, welcome to the forum and thanks for the introduction. You have a very admirable profession and let me be the first to thank you for your service sir. My brother in law works for the FD in Breckenridge, CO. Probably not the kind of action you are used too but he loves his job and the people he works with most importantly. Wow, you know how to pick em (pistols) and what a great first handgun purchase. Congrats on your FNX 45. Lot's of folks here in the community love them and are really knowledgeable about the weapon itself. There seems to be an audience who really likes the trijicon RMR mounted to the FNX 45 - you should check those out for a dot sight.

FNX 45 mags seem to be coming in stock as of late as well so that should help, just keep an eye out for some 230 grain ammo as I hear at the beginning that is what the FNX 45 likes to eat. Welcome to the forum, congrats on your pistol and enjoy!

#8 ·
Thanks very much for the warm welcome and thanks for that very helpful info. No matter where you go in country or the world for that matter, the firefighter brotherhood is amazing. Seems politics and religion don't matter.

#12 ·
Welcome!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.