FN Herstal Firearms banner

New member from Texas

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tqtran 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to the gun world and hope to learn as much as possible from this site. I bought a 9 mm last weekend and haven't even shot it yet. I'm taking my concealed handgun class this Saturday--I hope the teacher has patience with me...... :| I haven't shot a gun since I was 12.... :oops:

#4 ·
Well, if you have time to go out once with someone to give you some pointers prior to the class, you may want to do that.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I just took a renewal class last month. I've had my permit since 1996, and just took the class for the 4th time now (my first permit was only a 2 year permit). At least now the permits are good for 5 years (they extended them a bit).

I'm rather tired of the class, as you could imagine.

What gun did you buy? I REALLY hope you have tried it and made sure it works properly before the class.

#6 ·
M1P90 said:
What kind of 9mm do you have? I like my Glock 17. :D

But you got to get a PS90!!!!!!
Since I don't know that much about guns, I asked people for their opinions on what I should buy. The most common answer was a 9 mm...I really wanted to get a Glock but I ended up getting a S&W Sigma. I looked in pawn shops and the local gun store, but I finally just went to Cabela's and bought one. Once I get more experienced, I'll probably buy a Glock.
I called the guy who will be giving the concealed handgun class and told him I had no experience with a gun whatsoever, and he said not to worry about it. He said he would teach me everything I needed to know. I don't want to look like a total dumb *(% in the class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.