EA Trident Tactical 5.7x28mm 28gr PFP T-6 ammo value? - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree29Thanks

Thread: EA Trident Tactical 5.7x28mm 28gr PFP T-6 ammo value?

Thanks everyone for the information and insight. I will post here how everything turns out.

JWolf I promise to not ask that LOL. I would say its hard to believe people would do that but then I remember it is here and that it is now, and I am not at all surprised.

If you want to sell it I’ll pay More for it if you want to make a profit

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu View Post
    Hello.

I have an acquaintance who wants to sell to me 6 boxes of this stuff that he has and he asked me to make him an offer, but I don’t know what a good price would be. I know the stuff is not made anymore, like many other older 5.7 ammo types, and that this is a specialized boutique kind of ammo.

Can anyone give me a ballpark of what a fair price or value range to him would be? I’d like to make a fair offer to him but just want to make sure I don’t pay too much for it either. I was thinking of offering maybe $75 per box based on the little info I’ve seen but I get this nagging feeling that is too much. They are still sealed (he says) and come 20 to the box.

Thanks in advance.
    I will buy it from you for a profit if you want to sell them and make some extra cash

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Okay, here they are. They just arrived today:

Attachment 132557
    Attachment 132559

8 boxes sealed, one unsealed with 19 rounds plus 1 projectile.
    Are these the old style brass?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mugatu; 01-27-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Looks like the brass projectile to me. That's some pricey stuff on the aftermarket. Seen that go for $100 a box on GB several times. Nice acquisition.
    mugatu thanked this.

Also I have taken a very good look at all of the boxes. I must say upon closer examination, only 5 are still sealed with 3 boxes of 20 opened, but all containing the same ammunition, and the final box containing only 18 rounds, also the same type, plus the one projectile shown in the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu View Post
    Okay, here they are. They just arrived today:

Attachment 132557
    Attachment 132559

8 boxes sealed, one unsealed with 19 rounds plus 1 projectile.
    Are these the old style brass?
    Yep those are the correct projectiles. Looks all good, you scored. Collectors will pay a lot for those.
    On the EA timeline that bullet falls into 3rd evolution. That design was carried over into copper.

mugatu thanked this.
    Jay Wolf

These are certainly the most unusual looking 5.7 rounds I have ever seen, not that I have seen many different types before. The projectiles are certainly very mean looking.

Again, thanks for everyone’s help.
    LESTER thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    IIRC, these are or "used" to be 45gr Barnes Banded Solids (which are solid brass) that were modified to lessen the weight. Barnes stopped producing the original bullet (which looks nothing like this) because it can be loaded into a handgun. A brass projectile in a handgun is contrary to federal statutes.

The history of this ammo is available on the forum if you do a search for the information.

And to further complicate this matter, the ATF now:

"... with the popularity of AR-15 pistols, the ATF has cracked down on certain .223 Remington bullets — for example, copper bullets. This is because a copper bullet for a .223 Remington cartridge is now “armor piercing” in the eyes of the ATF because it can be used in a handgun."

Federal Information 18 USC 921(a)(17)

State by State information

The owners and management of FNForum and/or VerticalScope do not promote or endorse the use of any AP ammunition in any handgun as it is contrary to Federal & many State Laws.

mugatu thanked this.

Typo, it's meant to say brass not copper.

The very first gen of EA Trident bullets where made from Barnes bullets modified drawings, after said barnes bullets where manually modified, manufactured from new brass rod.

Current generation is manufactured from an exotic copper much harder then brass. It's alloy is over 95% copper so by government regulation is considered a "pure" copper meaning it is legal in any platform and funny thing California lead free compliant.

The only form of copper banned for use as classified AP material is Beryllium Copper.
    While very hard this copper is extremely brittle and would make a horrid projectile with the possibility of it breaking up while still in the barrel.

AP is defined by constrution NOT whether a round will penetrate armor. They had to create this section of the 1968GAC in this form since just about any rfile cartridge at the time, and to this day including the 30.30, will penetrate most all modern armor except in a very few situations of lvl4 and PE hard panels.
    jaflowers, PursuitSS, mugatu and 1 others thanked this.
    Jay Wolf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links