EA Trident Tactical 5.7x28mm 28gr PFP T-6 ammo value?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree29Thanks

Thread: EA Trident Tactical 5.7x28mm 28gr PFP T-6 ammo value?

EA Trident Tactical 5.7x28mm 28gr PFP T-6 ammo value?

Hello.

I have an acquaintance who wants to sell to me 6 boxes of this stuff that he has and he asked me to make him an offer, but I donít know what a good price would be. I know the stuff is not made anymore, like many other older 5.7 ammo types, and that this is a specialized boutique kind of ammo.

Can anyone give me a ballpark of what a fair price or value range to him would be? Iíd like to make a fair offer to him but just want to make sure I donít pay too much for it either. I was thinking of offering maybe $75 per box based on the little info Iíve seen but I get this nagging feeling that is too much. They are still sealed (he says) and come 20 to the box.

Thanks in advance.

Is this the copper variant or the "brass" variant?
    mugatu thanked this.

I am not sure and he isnít sure. I asked him for a photo and he said he only had this photo of the packages from the auction he had gotten them from. I donít know that this photo reveals anything though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Those are more than likely the "Brass" variant that was available before ATF said bad kitty. At one time they were over $5/rd..
    mugatu thanked this.

Thank you for your help, Buffman. I guess since I donít know for certain, maybe $55-65 per box is safer without being a bad deal for him then if it is the brass type.
    Last edited by mugatu; 01-20-2020 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Ampersand removed as member name-linking not available/activated
    Buffman thanked this.

Looking at the lot number on the one that is visible, it looks like a mfg date in 2010. Not sure exactly when the "brass" version was stopped. I know that they had the bullets (not loaded ammo) for sale at one point, and they were around $1 each just for the bullets.
    mugatu thanked this.

It's hard to make out the full lot number. A picture would be nice, but odds are they are brass.
    Jay Wolf

Lot# 57-28T6-VD12152010 according to the box on the upper left of the picture.
    mugatu thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by kmiles View Post
    Lot# 57-28T6-VD12152010 according to the box on the upper left of the picture.

On my screen the damn pic is small and fuzzy. Looking it up now, but YES it's from 2010. I have to dig up the book since we change our lot number system on purpose every few years.
    Jay Wolf

100% should be brass, here is the issue more then a few times on places like gunbroker folks will sell our boxes, most often older brass projectile ammo, with other ammo in the box and rip people off. Just a few months ago a guy bought what was supposed to be our Dev round but the box was filled with American Eagle ammo. When guys can sell it for 5 dollars a round for older ammo, that in the head of the buyer out performs newer ammo which is a false belief, tomany assholes are ready to rip people off.

So a picture of the rounds would really help to confirm. OH and just an FYI if you buy it, and it has the wrong stuff in the box please don't call me up expecting ME to exchange it for the right stuff. YES I know who the hell would do that? At least once a year I get that call.
    mugatu thanked this.
    Jay Wolf

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links