FN Herstal Firearms banner

New FiveSeven owner!

6K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  david black 
#1 ·
I've been telling myself if I found a decent deal on a five seven, I'd jump on it. I'm a 3x FN owner and obviously enjoy everything I have thus far. With that said, I'm not too familiar with the five seven, and its different offerings and highlights, but I came across this 5-7 today at my LGS and jumped on it! I'm really excited to see what this bad boy can do!! Also, picked up quite a few boxes of 197 to go with it...
Aside from sharing my excitement with the forum, I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations or insights. I'm gonna read up, but figured I'd put this out there and see what came of it!

thanks!!

by the way, if someone was looking, they had one more...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! My only recommendation is to load up on ammo (looks like you've started) and enjoy the hell out of it.

Reactions: Cdudleytx
#3 ·
Good deal! Get extra mags if you can and if that's your thing. If you want night sights, they can be custom installed. Pro-Mag makes an extended 30-round magazine. Threaded barrels are available or can be made out of the factory barrel. As far as ammo, anything you can find works lol. It can also be hand loaded but that is a whole 'nother discussion lol.

#4 ·
Congrats! I hope to soon join you in saying "I'm a New FiveSeveN owner!"

#18 ·
Amazing how the capitalist system works. As long a 57 ammo is a ridiculous $50 or $60 bucks, the price of the firearm has come down from the almost $2000 to the almost $1000. You buy the gun but you still have to pay to shoot it. Considering all the platforms out there and ammo costs that can be 50% of the 57, you really are willing to put your money where your mouth is.

#19 ·
What's ridiculous is that anybody would pay $2,000 for the five seven or pay $50-60 a box for ammo when all it takes is a little bit of patience to buy the five seven for closer to $1,000 and the ammo for $25-30 a box (or as low as $20-22 for American Eagle). At $20-30 a box, their aren't many calibers that are 50% of that cost except 9mm.

#24 ·
No recommendation other than enjoy..and as said collect ammo as you go...

I never found out what is the square impression in the case for (above the magazine)?

Also the new guns come with a piece of paper that says ss195lf has/had some problems...lots of speculating around this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.