FNS-9 New Old Stock - adding an APEX trigger

FN Forum

Google Search

FNS-9 New Old Stock - adding an APEX trigger

New today to the forum. Picked up my FNS-9 full size today and discovered it was manufactured in 2013. APEX Tactical notes that their trigger is not compatible with pistols manufactured prior to 2014. Does anyone know why? I know the pistol was sent in for service to clear the issue related to accidental discharge (out of battery), an issue having to do with the striker. but I don't think that would prevent installing the APEX trigger. I found an old post that it has something to do with the shape of the trigger bar? If so, what should I do? Any info is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by CACinAZ View Post
    New today to the forum. Picked up my FNS-9 full size today and discovered it was manufactured in 2013. APEX Tactical notes that their trigger is not compatible with pistols manufactured prior to 2014. Does anyone know why? I know the pistol was sent in for service to clear the issue related to accidental discharge (out of battery), an issue having to do with the striker. but I don't think that would prevent installing the APEX trigger. I found an old post that it has something to do with the shape of the trigger bar? If so, what should I do? Any info is appreciated.
    This may give you some insight: https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fns/21...available.html ... posts # 7 & 8

Thanks. This was helpful. I looked at the Midwest Gun Works FNS fire control unit but will need to call them about it. Apparently the issue has to do with the sear. If the sear is replaced with the APEX sear (in the trigger kit) why do I need a whole new FCU? There must be other parts that are different, but that doesn't make sense. I talked to APEX about it and I could not get an answer why the Apex trigger would not work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I just wrote in another thread that APEX can install the trigger in this pre-2014 gun but it requires a modified sear, which they will provide during installation. The sear has a notch in it. I'm on their list to install when they reopen and begin accepting work.

Quote Originally Posted by CACinAZ View Post
    I just wrote in another thread that APEX can install the trigger in this pre-2014 gun but it requires a modified sear, which they will provide during installation. The sear has a notch in it. I'm on their list to install when they reopen and begin accepting work.
    Okay so the reason for this post is that APEX made a change to their website. Still no word from APEX on when they will be able to assist with my trigger install. I visited the APEX website and they updated the FN page for the trigger to note that pre-2014 pistols CAN NOW BE fitted with their trigger whereas before their webpage stated that pre-2014 guns would not accept the trigger. This is due to the sear. My OEM sear has a notch in it whereas the older trigger kits come with a sear that is not notched. The new sear that comes with the trigger has a notch in it. I have a feeling (can't verify) that my discussions with their service manager Krystal may have been the reason for the website update.

Just got to my gun club and put 120 rounds through this pistol without the APEX trigger installed, just as was purchased. Not a single issue to report, and my impression of this gun is that it is very accurate. Feels comfortable and the trigger was surprisingly light - felt like about 5 - 6 lbs. Not bad as is but I want to remove the travel and reset, not so much the pull weight. I ordered a Holoson HE507c-gr V2 that should finally be here on the 26th. Will have the slide milled and probably Cerakote it as well. This project gun is coming together slowly due to the virus which has a lot of businesses shut down or only partially open. Someday ?? I'll post a picture.

Sponsored Links