FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 3 Post By dank
  • 2 Post By bwwoodard

Thread: FNS Recoil Springs

FNS Recoil Springs

Hi FrieNds,

I've been building up my FNS-9 Tactical for a while. I have a threaded barrel and muzzle brake, but when I first shot it with the comp, the gun would not cycle. I kind of expected this because I've read about fine-tuning Glocks with new springs for competition etc. I'm pretty sure I need a lighter recoil spring for my FNS-9 to get this muzzle brake to cycle properly.

Does anyone know where to get FNS-9 recoil springs? Any advice on muzzle brakes, recoil springs, or modifying/clipping springs to reduce wight? I'd really like to get this brake running.

Midwest gun works lists both springs are the same for FNS/FNX

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page...rod/F510475442

Not sure if this will work but there is a kit for the FNX
    https://zahal.org/product/fn-herstal...d-dpm-systems/
    akitainu, LESTER and FNcyborg thanked this.

FN makes a lighter recoil spring for the FNX9: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page...rod/F510475452 . I believe they originally used the FNS/FNX 9/40 spring in the FNX9, and had some reports of issues that were found to be related the spring being too heavy in the FNX9. Some reports of cycling issues

I have both FNS and FNX 9's and 40's. The FNX 9 (only) spring has a few less coil windings than the FNS/FNX 9/40 spring. Dimensions are the same overall, but the fewer coil windings equate to less resistance. It's an OEM option that may fit the need.

Quote Originally Posted by FNcyborg View Post
    Hi FrieNds,

I've been building up my FNS-9 Tactical for a while. I have a threaded barrel and muzzle brake, but when I first shot it with the comp, the gun would not cycle. I kind of expected this because I've read about fine-tuning Glocks with new springs for competition etc. I'm pretty sure I need a lighter recoil spring for my FNS-9 to get this muzzle brake to cycle properly.

Does anyone know where to get FNS-9 recoil springs? Any advice on muzzle brakes, recoil springs, or modifying/clipping springs to reduce wight? I'd really like to get this brake running.
    dank and FNcyborg thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links