Hi-power Serial Number Question

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Hi-power Serial Number Question

Hi-power Serial Number Question

Just purchased a nice Hi-Power with a T-series serial number but it doesn't seem to match up with the information on the Browning website. They say the T serial numbers only go up to T261*** but this gun has T294***. Did I get a fake, or does Browning need to fix their information on their site? Sorry for the crappy picture, all I had was my cell phone. Still got to jump through the New York hoops and get it on my permit before I can bring my new baby home and get some decent pictures of her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have a real one, and it looks like a nice one! Do post more pictures.

Think of that Browning serial number range data as a guide, or even just a clue, until 1969.
    kc2bya thanked this.

More pictures. I saw it in the display case at my FFL while I was getting my NICS done on an FNX-9 I added to my FNX-45 and FNS-9C. He had it in his shop on consignment and I just couldn't walk out without making an offer. I almost feel bad about how much I paid. Almost. Belonged to the seller's late father, the son had some legal troubles and couldn't get a NY pistol permit so had to sell it. I made an offer, told the FFL if the guy didn't like my offer make me a counter offer. He bit on the first, and LOW offer. Like I said, almost feel bad, lol.
    Last edited by kc2bya; 06-25-2020 at 12:54 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Couple more pics. Could use a serious cleaning, but, other than a little rust on the right side of the trigger guard that looks like it's been cleaned up and re-blued, she's a beauty. Looking forward to a trip to the range soon
    Last edited by kc2bya; 06-25-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and exploring the site. Quick question...I have a very nice FN Hi-Power that I need to date. It is a matching serial number receiver and frame pistol with Tangent rear sight and rear grip mounting bracket for wooden shoulder stock. S/N is 7497. I know it is an early s/n..how do I determine its date of manufacture? No pix at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilScharber View Post
    ..how do I determine its date of manufacture? No pix at the moment.
    https://www.browning.com/support/dat...er-pistol.html

Best I can do for ya. Pictures, please.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilScharber View Post
    Hey guys, I am new to the forum and exploring the site. Quick question...I have a very nice FN Hi-Power that I need to date. It is a matching serial number receiver and frame pistol with Tangent rear sight and rear grip mounting bracket for wooden shoulder stock. S/N is 7497. I know it is an early s/n..how do I determine its date of manufacture? No pix at the moment.
    There are clues in the tiny proofmarks. Until 1969, serial numbers were not a reliable way to date a High Power.
    Detailed high res pictures of them are required.

Thank you for the answers...I'll get pix soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TNorris View Post
    Detailed high res pictures of them are required.
    So how do I get the whole 5Mb picture on here? When I uploaded mine all I ended up with were 17k thumbnails. There's a lot more detail in my pictures than they show on here.

Quote Originally Posted by kc2bya View Post
    So how do I get the whole 5Mb picture on here? When I uploaded mine all I ended up with were 17k thumbnails. There's a lot more detail in my pictures than they show on here.
    Looks like the forum resizes pix to save space. Get in as close as possible. The second and third pix here are just iphone crops of the first one... I have sometimes used a cheap plastic magnifying glass to get closer up detail pix. Better detail than these is possible!
    Last edited by TNorris; 07-01-2020 at 04:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links