FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree12Thanks

Thread: Design Machine Sling Mount options

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

Design Machine Sling Mount options

Design Machine has released three new products this month! Three different sling mounts for everyone that has been looking for a good sling system! The "Cigar Cutter" sling mount, which attaches to the front of the barrel, allowing for maneuverability and the solution to several mounting problems.

We've also released a Quick Detach Cup sling mount. This works and hangs absolutely perfectly with our "Cigar Cutter", or can be used alone as a single point mounting system!

Lastly our Rear Loop Strap Mount. A simple strap/sling mount, to do away with the awkward two piece strap system, simply supplying a single point steel loop to hold the sling of your choice.

qd1.jpg
    qd4.jpg
    qd3.jpg

Check it out and let us know what you think.
    Happy Holiday's from Design Machine! Sam & Duane

Design Machine
    Last edited by fullcase; 04-07-2020 at 07:37 AM.
    LESTER, dank, Smurky and 3 others thanked this.

thank god guys!!! i been been looking for a cigar cutter style mount for my PS90 SBR without paying 200 plus for a discontinued used sling (everyone I speak to on a 50003 sling wants 250 or more & all i wanted was the cigar cutter mount) I am so happy to see this post i feel like break dancing 😂
    Last edited by workingman1976; 12-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    dank thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcase View Post
    Design Machine has released three new products this month! Three different sling mounts for everyone that has been looking for a good sling system! The "Cigar Cutter" sling mount, which attaches to the front of the barrel, allowing for maneuverability and the solution to several mounting problems.

We've also released a Quick Detach Cup sling mount. This works and hangs absolutely perfectly with our "Cigar Cutter", or can be used alone as a single point mounting system!

Lastly our Rear Loop Strap Mount. A simple strap/sling mount, to do away with the awkward two piece strap system, simply supplying a single point steel loop to hold the sling of your choice.

qd1.jpg
    qd4.jpg
    qd3.jpg

Check it out and let us know what you think. If anyone decides they would like to purchase any of our three new sling products, use discount code "SLING" all caps no quotes for 10% off any or all of the three mentioned products!
    Happy Holiday's from Design Machine! Sam & Duane

Design Machine
    dank, Smurky and cav2108 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

i am so looking forward to getting one of these cigar cutter mounts

Really nice. Will the cost come down over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxthree View Post
    the cost on what ? the prices are pretty damn good vs being overcharged on a used discontinued FN sling (50003)

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxthree View Post
    Probably not unless they become very popular and we can make them in very large batches. We tried to make them as cheap as possible and still be able to make a profit, which is why we split the pieces up instead of selling them in sets. Keep in mind they're made of cold rolled steel not aluminum, this is not a quick or cheap process. You wouldn't believe the price of end-mills today, and cold rolled steel eats them up! However right now we are running a special for our friends on the FN forum 10% on these three items with the discount code "SLING" all caps no quotes. I hope that answers your question.
    Foxthree and cav2108 thanked this.

FN never intended that type of sling mount for the PS90. If you have a P90 - Yeah. Exactly what they intended for the P90.
    I really like this sling mount. Looks great and would probably be good on 10.4-inch P90 barrel. Unfortunately, putting something on the 16-inch barrel of a PS90 will send your accuracy right into the dirt. Anything putting ANY pressure on the longer PS90 barrel will totally ruin accuracy. That barrel absolutely needs to free float in the receiver without any other pressure during firing, and especially inconsistent pressure will ruin any hope of accuracy whatsoever. I know that from personal experience. I was very surprised, but I won't forget turning my usually sub-moa PS90 into a 6 moa gun instantly. I don't have a P90, so maybe it wouldn't make so much difference with the shorter barrel, but forget it on a PS90 barrel. Looks great though, and I might buy one anyway in case I ever decide to SBR my PS90. Otherwise - oh, all right. I had a look at their website and I just can't resist. Limited production stuff is always expensive. Better to spend the money now than wait . . . . . . and find they only made a few and they are out of production . . . . . .
    Yeah. I just ordered one. Looks great, even if I can't use it while actually shooting my PS90. The discount code worked too.
    Last edited by cav2108; 12-12-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    It puts no tension on the barrel when shooting so it should cause no issues with accuracy. Your sling is left "slack" when shooting the gun, unless your purposely wrapping the sling around your arm and tugging at the barrel it should in no way affect accuracy regardless of SBR or 16" barrel. This mount only puts pressure on the barrel when the sling is holding the gun (hands free) when your holding the gun in a combat position the sling is left slack and the mount itself is just resting, not applying pressure. If for ANY reason, you think it hurt accuracy or don't like looks or how it operates, we will give you a full refund. We are only trying to give people a good sling mount, if I thought for a second it would not work properly nobody would ever have even see it.
    Last edited by fullcase; 12-13-2019 at 12:57 PM.

PS-90 modded

Hello everyone, I’m a newbie , just took the leap and purchased the PS-90 , I added PS-90 Trijicon Mount, 3X flip to side unit, Rear QD Mount
    and Front “Cigar Cutter” sling mount from Design Machine. (dmachineri.com) I also purchased a faux suppressor from MFI (https://mfiap.com/i-7788127-mfi-fn-p...insurance.html) for aesthetics , it’s good addition to my rifle, its well made and covers the pencil barrel. Customer service was great at both MFI and Design Machine.

Attachment 132381
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tonymiggs; 01-16-2020 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Add a picture

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links