FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree7Thanks
  • 1 Post By lemonysword
  • 1 Post By lemonysword
  • 2 Post By M1P90
  • 1 Post By Buffman
  • 2 Post By HK SD9 Tactical

Thread: Replacing my tritium (black ring sight)

Replacing my tritium (black ring sight)

I figured now is a good time to do it since I am sending my receiver off to be engraved. I've got a flat green tritium bar on the way from overseas, I am hoping I'll see it soon since both my barrel circumciser and engraver have very short turnaround times, and I'd rather not have to install, then uninstall, the sight several times.

This was a little trickier than I had thought. I almost stabbed through the silicon to the top of the sight... Either way, I got it removed and now just have to wait for my tritium to arrive. One thing I noticed though is on the far edge of my optic, there is some sort of artifact showing up that I don't believe was there before. You can only see it when the optic is very close to your eyes, but the outer edge has some sort of disformity now. Did I scratch the glass perhaps?

Pics https://imgur.com/a/vxxtQKw

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    It is easy to scratch the lens. you probably did. check out this thread. https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-ps90-a...ing-sight.html
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Yeah thats the one I'm going off of. Guessing I did scratch it. Just like that thread though, you can't see it unless you put your eye right up to the sight. Now I'm just waiting for my tritium to arrive. Of course I didn't order it when I bought my PS90; I wanted until the receiver was disassembled as my barrel was off to get cut.
    M1P90 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

To bad FN just won't do it for a fee. I suppose they probably don't have the parts to support this sight any longer.

I ordered this vial. It took a little over two weeks to get here. I would have gone with a more fun color like purple or cyan, but they only offered the rectangular vial in green. Shipping was $2 and it was packaged very nicely.
    https://www.mixglo.com/store/p49/T1.5x3x9G.html

Here is a link to what I did. It turned out really well, other than the fact that I didn't quite perfectly center the tritium bar so the far right end of the T isn't illuminated. It is still 100% functional, but it does bother me. I didn't notice it until a few days later, when the silicon had cured. I don't plan on doing this again until the tritium is too dim to be useful, so I will live with it. Hopefully SE Asian countries will still be selling tritium vials then.
    https://imgur.com/a/dJM2sBD
    M1P90 thanked this.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Most people just order my REM T3B to go with the Black ring sight. It illuminates the tritium with 11 light settings. #1 is great in very low light and #11 is bright for full daylight.
    Don't replace the tritium. Just get this. I install for free or you can do it yourself. Pretty easy. https://www.m1bullpup.com/index.php?q=remt3b
    HK SD9 Tactical and Buffman thanked this.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

^ This right here..
    M1P90 thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Agreed. Have one for my Black Ring and one for my White Ring. Best investment on these sights I made.
    M1P90 and Buffman thanked this.

Sponsored Links