PS90 Suppressor Options 9mm or 30cal - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree9Thanks

Thread: PS90 Suppressor Options 9mm or 30cal

Has anybody tried a reflex suppressor on a non-SBR PS90?

An integral suppressor?

I would like to have a fixed barrel length of 16+" with suppressor as possible, but as short as legally possible without being an SBR. I would prefer to not SBR the gun so that I don't have to worry about notifying the ATF when taking the gun across state lines, or passing thru a state that has banned SBRs (yes, there is one that allows suppressors but not SBRs - there used to be two - who knows what the state laws will be tomorrow?) whenever I travel with the PS90.

What's a reflex suppressor, hadn't heard that term before? I have a 16" PS90 that I installed the Imperial shroud on and every once in a while I suppress it. Normally on it, mostly due to the length, I go with a Spectre II and it works well with the longer barrel not producing too much blowback.....unlike using it on the SBR where the gun really prefers a can with move volume. I just don't shoot my 16" too often and as a matter of fact right now it's tucked away in one of those gun hideaway shelves for emergencies.
    TheHeretic thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaflowers View Post
    What's a reflex suppressor, hadn't heard that term before?
    Attachment 132259

Mounting a T8 Scout Reflex Suppressor
    Attachment 132261

Reflex Suppressors General Info

Basically, the reflex suppressor is a a design that has much of the volume of the suppressor behind the muzzle of the barrel, so as to add volume and keep the projection past the muzzle as short as possible. It does this by placing the baffles up front and the majority of the volume behind the baffles and along the barrel. The benefits are efficiency (it is supposed to be quieter), less length beyond the muzzle, longer barrel length, cleaner operation and durability.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

You'd need to go to an imperial arms or HTA (no longer in business) shroud if you want to keep the 16" barrel. Otherwise you'd have to make a custom shroud if you wanted the barrel any shorter, but not the OE 10.4" length. Could be done, but most people just go SBR and use threaded adapter..
    TheHeretic thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
    You'd need to go to an imperial arms or HTA (no longer in business) shroud if you want to keep the 16" barrel. Otherwise you'd have to make a custom shroud if you wanted the barrel any shorter, but not the OE 10.4" length. Could be done, but most people just go SBR and use threaded adapter..
    Thanks. I was thinking of going to Tornado Tech and asking them if they could do something along the lines of what I want, as they are local to me.

If they don't wish to take it on, I may wait until I retire (this year or next), get the appropriate tools and materials and attempt it myself (with a Form 1 of course).

TROS is also local to me, but it appears his website is down and/or he is out of business, plus reading between the lines, from what I remember on his website, he probably would not want to deal with even sending a short barrel to someone who would do this. Maybe Thompson Machine would be interested.

If those are imported into the USA they are treated as dealer samples and are not transferrable to taxpayers with an F4.
    jaflowers and TheHeretic thanked this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links