• 8 Post By jake127
  • 2 Post By LESTER
  • 1 Post By Troublesx10
  • 1 Post By akitainu
  • 1 Post By jake127
  • 1 Post By mugatu

Thread: Approved EFFEN90

Approved EFFEN90

Finally got my stamp back for an EFFEN90 receiver I purchased in October. I did not strip a regular rifle to assemble it, but put it together with parts from MGW and had the take off barrel from my other PS90 (which I replaced with a CMMG) cut down and threaded by Tros. I think it turned out really well, and putting the barrel in was a lot easier than web searches led me to believe. Had the whole thing together in under 10 minutes. I did want to ask a few questions. Which optic should I go with. I tried an Eotech Exps2 and a Vortex Venom. Both are great optics, but I like the reticle on the Exps2 better, but the size of the Venom is nicer on the smaller receiver. Any other optics suggestions? Anything I should worry about before firing it? I don't have gauges for 5.7, but don't anticipate any problems since both the barrel and bolt are FN. Hopefully the photo's show up. Thank you, Jake

IMG_2889.jpg IMG_2892.jpg IMG_2894.jpg
    LESTER, FN47, akitainu and 5 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Congrats!
    Troublesx10 and dank thanked this.

Enjoy!!
    LESTER thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Awesome!!!

Nicely done. Congrats.
    dank thanked this.
    "When I mount the scaffold at last these will be my farewell words to the sheriff: Say what you will against me when I am gone, but don’t forget to add, in common justice, that I was never converted to anything." - H. L. Mencken

how does it function ? any issues with this receiver vs a FN receiver?

The tolerances were perfect in the one I received. I thought it would be hard putting the big spring in, but it was a non issue. I ran my cleaning rod down from the muzzle end, captured the springs and the button, then ran the barrel back over the cleaning rod, then removed the cleaning rod once it was all through. Once my form was approved, it took about 10 minutes to put all of the parts together. One small issue I had was that the charging handles end up really close to the side rails. I removed the left rail from mine, since I wasn't using it, and have had no issues. Another option would be to add an extended charging handle. If you put a large accessory on the rail, it might be harder to charge from that side even with an extension. The height of the top rail is perfect for an AR height optic. I put an EoTech Exps2 on for a while and it was perfect. I currently have a Vortex Venom and had to put on a riser. I will try to upload a couple of pictures, hopefully they work.

Attachment 130331Attachment 130333Attachment 130335
    mugatu thanked this.

They look great!!!
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

I use a Holosun HE510C-GR Elite on my Effen90 SBR. It is a mid-full size open reflex “red dot” sight with green reticle. The housing is titanium which is good since I often knock into things. You can cycle through three reticles: dot, circle, circle with dot. The green is very bright (only surpassed by a green ACOG reticle on a bright day). It
    comes with sleep function and shake-awake, not to mention it is solar powered, then runs off of an onboard capacitor (that is charged and recharged by the solar panels), and finally once those two are dead, battery power. AND you can retrieve the battery from the side. They claim on medium brightness this setup with battery will last you 6 years.
    QD mount for Piccatinny rail, and priced somewhere between a Vortex Viper pistol red dot and an RMR (closer to the Vortex).

I couldn’t be happier with both of mine and highly recommend it as the best bang for
    your buck on optics.
    jake127 thanked this.

Sponsored Links