PS90 barrel stuck (SBR conversion) - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: PS90 barrel stuck (SBR conversion)

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonysword View Post
    I drilled behind it and punched it out from the back, so I assure you it is completely gone.
    what I thought when I did my first one! lol!

Smurky, jaflowers and hillbillyjim thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonysword View Post
    I drilled behind it and punched it out from the back, so I assure you it is completely gone. In any case, I took the easy route like Akitainu did and spent 10 minutes with the hacksaw. Barrel just fell out. I think drilling and punching the pin is only for people who, for some inexplicable reason, want to replace the dumb 16" flash hider with another dumb 16" flash hider/brake. I went with Class 3 Machining for the cut after hearing several good reviews about him.

Attachment 134663
    I went the hard route so I can resell my 16" barrel and recoup some of the SBR cost.

I’ve done it both ways. My first attempt on the pin was unsuccessful so I just cut the barrel. Having learned from that experience my second one got the pin out and was a breeze.
    Rob AKA Wreckless

PS90 FS2000 FNX45T Five-seveN Hi-Power Pistols

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

CLOCKWISE-REVERSE THREAD when at the rear with barrel/sights in front of you. I always cringe when I hear of an impatient-no man skills barrel bubba the fubba cutter molesting their firearm (we need to take your man card away!)-unless you are a machinist-uber man skilled- and turning/re-using the barrel for the SBR-you still end up killing a perfectly good front barrel device. I have done several removals and yes it is a two minute drill after you carefully and slowly do the first one. I am convinced that cutting the barrel takes longer-except maybe the first time where you do not have to be careful and build up your confidence in the technique. A few times I was in the market for a long barrel and it made me really mad that 75% of the time I clicked the gunbroker listing that the barrel was cut or the threads were boogered from extremely poor skilled folks who then thought that their BUBBA the FUBBA creation still had monetary value. A good long Barrel sells for $200-$300 so except for a few of us it is pretty costly to be so lazy. The best You-Tube video that shows the two minute drill-he had a series of three videos showing how he progressed in his technique. I was fortunate to see this first so stole his technique shamelessly.. I never had to but if really stuck then try a propane torch for a bit. GOOD LUCK
    Buffman thanked this.

It worked out fine for me since I had the barrel cut and threaded for my second sbr anyway. It saved me money over buying a new barrel.
    Rob AKA Wreckless

PS90 FS2000 FNX45T Five-seveN Hi-Power Pistols

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links