PS90 Bolt Scratching Lacquer when fully loaded to 50 Rounds

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By M1P90

Thread: PS90 Bolt Scratching Lacquer when fully loaded to 50 Rounds

PS90 Bolt Scratching Lacquer when fully loaded to 50 Rounds

When fully loaded to 50 rounds and racking the bolt back I can feel it scratching the cartridge. After ejecting that first round I can also see a visible scratch on the cartridge as well as "lacquer" flakes on the bolt. I have also noticed that when fully loaded to 50 rounds if I try to gently lock the magazine in place there is palpable resistance. I can however normally slap it in no problem. I seem to be getting more resistance with the American Eagle FMJ's over the V-Max.

One of the videos I saw mentioned adding a bit of oil/lube down the feed... would this be the reason? What have you found on this?

Hey battle buddy. I am pretty certain this is normal to a degree. I did have another mag with a sticky follower that wouldnt have any give at 50 rounds and when racking the bolt back it would scuff up the round pretty good.

On a side note when you picking up your PS90?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Ahh gotcha, Doesn’t sound like it’s too bad then.

Will be conducting a in person talk with my go to dealer this weekend (small shop) see if they can help. Also will be shooting a loaned one This weekend as well, so just depends on when I find one.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    All mags should not be loaded to full capacity. Always leave one round out so mag changes are easier when the bolt is closed.
    Smurky thanked this.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by M1P90 View Post
    All mags should not be loaded to full capacity. Always leave one round out so mag changes are easier when the bolt is closed.
    I've noticed this type of thing even on my Glock 22. A fully loaded mag pushes up on the slide and makes the slide hard to rack. This is good advice to follow by downloading your magazine by one round.

Sponsored Links