My finish peeled off! What to do? - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: My finish peeled off! What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyDocToBe View Post
    Turnaround time for the re-engraving and Cerakoting was about 3 weeks. A good many months ago while my Form 1 was still pending, I sent the upper off for laser engraving. Had the same thing engraved that was approved on a prior Form 1 for a SBR AR-15, "Firstname Lastname Trust, Phialdelphia, PA". That's what I put on my PS90 Form 1, which was returned for correction as I am suppose to engrave "Firstname Lastname Revocable Living Trust, Philadelphia, PA". Since my factory finish was peeling off and I wanted that corrected, I asked about a slight grind-down of the initial engraving and then re-engraving the correct info. It's not visible on my pics because I blurred it out (my SN also). J&L Gunsmithing took care of it all locally. He's a busy guy, so I didn't mind waiting for the local quality work. I also didn't want to mail my upper out. I imagine he'll engrave anything you need done.

Good luck!

NavyDocToBe

Thanks for the info. I made contact with him today, and he answered all my questions and such. I'll be having him cerakote my SBR lower, and re-engrave it.

I wrote an email to David Goldman (guntrustlawyer.com) and he was nice enough to respond very quickly. Here is his response (and it corroborates what you said NavyDocToBe):

Quote Originally Posted by David Goldman
    RLT is not a recognized abbreviation which is why we do not use Revocable Living Trust as part of our Trust names. We try to make them short like Goldman Trust in stead of the David Michael Goldman Revocable Living Trust Dated November 23, 1999 or The Beth Michel Mayers Goldman and David Michael Goldman Revocable Living Trust Dated November 23, 1999. As you can see this may be difficult to engrave on a 6 in barrel

As my trust is named "Blahblah Revocable Living Trust" I too must engrave the whole enchilada on my PS90. While I am at it, I am also having them engrave my family crest above the trust information on that rear right rail upright. I'll post pics once the engraving is done (but not in this thread so as not to de-rail it any further).
    Last edited by ImFromTheGovt; 03-06-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

-Ronald Reagan

The engraving has to be the same as it appears on your trust. I had one returned for correction once and they had approved previous ones that way. The only difference was it was a different agent.
    "Molon Labe!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

No problem on the additional contributions to the thread. I'd love to see how your engraving turns out. Seems like mine is all sorted out now, which I'm happy for. As for the Approved Form 1 for my AR-15 SBR from a few years ago, they approved "Firstname Lastname Trust, City, State" .... so, I'm going to leave that one alone. No one has ever inspected my Form 1 then my AR so closely anyway.

Looks great! Good job

This is very common
    mine peeled off th first time I took it shooting.
    Left it as is since the peeling only occurred on that "square". Thought of refinishing it but I thought I won't need it since its that little square (which doesn't show defect/ almost looks like it was intended to look silver)
    I would hold off and savw the money for a bigger area to fix?

photo 4(san).jpgphoto 1(san).jpgphoto 5(san).jpg

Here is my finished engraving that was just done about an hour or so ago. Identical engravings on two PS90s (Form 1s are pending ) The lion and crosses is my family crest, and the actual trust name I blurred out for the upload, but you get the idea. Awesome guy (Arnold) at AJI Machining in Hialeah Gardens, FL if anybody local needs some great engraving done while-you-wait. He is an FFL-07/SOT as well so he can likely do whatever.

www.ajimachining.com
    Last edited by ImFromTheGovt; 03-08-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

-Ronald Reagan

Is it different because you went with the "trust

Nice!!!
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImFromTheGovt View Post
    photo 4(san).jpgphoto 1(san).jpgphoto 5(san).jpg

Here is my finished engraving that was just done about an hour or so ago. Identical engravings on two PS90s (Form 1s are pending ) The lion and crosses is my family crest, and the actual trust name I blurred out for the upload, but you get the idea. Awesome guy (Arnold) at AJI Machining in Hialeah Gardens, FL if anybody local needs some great engraving done while-you-wait. He is an FFL-07/SOT as well so he can likely do whatever.

www.ajimachining.com
    I'll just find out who you are from the image of the crest. Boom.

Looks good though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links