FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: CZ Bren 1 + 2 - The Czech SCAR compared to the Real Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Type5 View Post
    Bren 2 Pistol MSRP's Listed. Nothing for Carbines yet:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...cz-usa-bren-2/

Nice, thanks. I am looking forward to picking up an 11” or 14” pistol in 5.56. Need some firm release dates!

I got my Bren 805 at around 1300. I wonder if the Bren 2 will drop in price like that after while. If it does I will probably get it in both calibers. I really hate how the 762x39 are proprietary mags.
    LESTER, mjk1 and akitainu thanked this.

I’ve shot bren 805, scar 16/17 and have read a lot about the bren 2. That being said the bren 2 was in made as a direct response to the scar. The 805 was great but missed a few key design elements. True the action is smoother, but overall not quite on par with the 16. That being said— Cz is closing the gap in all areas of their product line up. I used to prefer sigs and fn, now I only want fn and Cz products. In my humble opinion, Cz makes better pistols, fn makes better rifles.
    mjk1, Type5, hillbillyjim and 2 others thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Wake me up when a rental range or training facility has a CZ pass 200,000rds.

Until then I'm gonna keep looking for a good deal on a used 16S.

Snooze you lose! Your choice! More Brens for me!
    I have a huge choice in what I shoot - Bren 2s is nothing to sneer at, some features are well advanced, some not so much: like the SCAR.
    Remember when you are sticking your nose in the air you can’t see what is around you.
    Just keep repeating: ARs are the best rifle ever made, no one will ever make a better pistol than the 1911. These guys are so anvanced they don’t know how to spell SCAR or Bren.
    Time for you go back to sleep, enjoy you nap!
    EFR and bruteandbear1 thanked this.

I have a Bren 2 in 5.56 with the 11.5" barrel. It is amazingly smooth shooting for sure. I only have taken it out a few times so far so not able to talk about durability at all. I am happy with it for the purpose and I actually got a great deal on it new from my local dealer. I do not think he knew how rare they were. They are selling on gunbroker for 600 more than I paid!

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

I'm on the waiting list with CZ for a Bren 2 pistol, so I can look at a trigger for it.
    Art Neergaard
    ShootingSight LLC
    Rolled Plate Steel Triggers.

513-702-4879

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I had one of the 300 that came in last year. It was a 14” .556. I can tell you the quality in the machining and fit and finish is outstanding and rivals anything else out there including the SCAR. The receiver is fully machined vs. a piece of extruded metal like the SCAR. Whether one is better than the other, I have no idea but it is what it is. It is extremely light and the trigger is much, much better than what FN puts in the SCAR. So good I doubt very many people will even bother upgrading it. In fact I don’t think needs any upgrades and I would keep the Bren 2 bone stock for its entire life. I don’t think I have any guns without at least one upgrade. My impression was it felt smaller and more handy than a SCAR 16 but keep in mind I never got to try it with a factory stock only the SB arm brace and an ACR stock with adapter. It also has QD sling mounts machined into the receiver unlike the SCAR and a non recip charging handle. If those features sound like your thing, get one. You won’t be disappointed. Someone offered my $3000 for the one I had only paid $1700 for and since I am not a wealthy collector I sold it because I believed CZ when they were saying the MS models were in country and release was just a month or two down the road. A year later they are still saying the same thing. All that being said, while CZ makes promises, FN delivers. They dont have to bring them in as pistols with a butt plate for an AR buffer tube so you can install your favorite non folding AR stock or arm brace. I can buy a SCAR with a factory folding stock set up as a rifle with no 922r count the parts games and go straight out and start shooting it. If CZ ever gets their **** together I will buy another Bren 2 even though it is the MS version that looks like they skipped a few machining steps to cut cost and I’m sure I will love it. In the meantime I will just suffer shooting this SCAR and I will be fine with that.
    Type5 and bruteandbear1 thanked this.

Bren 2 is outstanding. Bren 2 MS release has been botched. CZ USA is not credible as they give a lot of info about what is or is not happening with the MS regarding import and release problems. They say this and that but if one thing is true the other can not be. Seems like the story varies depending on who answers the phone.
    The MS and BR won’t be here until they are here and I’d expect CZ USA has not started on 922r parts for something not in stock.
    My guess is there will be a MS at Sho Show 2020, and like last year, it will be brought as an after thought and they will not highlight it.
    I think the MS is still years away and that someone in CZ decided to not focus on the MS/BR Pistols and Rifles.
    Time will tell but I bet it is not a matter of weeks, rather years.
    Sad because it is a wonderful weapon.

Exactly. Great design, in the hands of a lame company (the US CZ people ) will always end up a failure in the firearms world where expectations are high for things in that price range. When I saw they were already implementing some really cheesy cost cutting on the MS I just laughed when I started seeing people on social media calling it the “ CZ Masada”. These companies never learn from each others mistakes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links