SCAR 16s Discontinued? - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: SCAR 16s Discontinued?

I was seeing the writing on the wall and just bought a 16S for MSRP (first time I ever paid MSRP for a firearm ).

Why ?
    would a corporation tool up the plant in Columbia to make the SCAR 16 here in the US only to discontinue it.
    It seems to me that’s a pretty big expense to waste for a product that buyers wait for the LGS to get it inventory so they can
    buy it.
    Makes no sense to me, but maybe only me.

A short drive from the center of the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoover1027 View Post
    Why ?
    would a corporation tool up the plant in Columbia to make the SCAR 16 here in the US only to discontinue it.
    It seems to me that’s a pretty big expense to waste for a product that buyers wait for the LGS to get it inventory so they can
    buy it.
    Makes no sense to me, but maybe only me.
    So have there actually been any SC made 16s? If so, then I have to agree with dhoover, makes no sense and makes me question this rumor. If none have been then it is probably true.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

To my knowledge and speaking to several other LGS, I’ve not seen or heard of any SC produced/assembled (whatever FN says it is) 16s. I agree that it wouldn’t make sense that they would tool up production and then discontinue them, but as I said, I’m going off what distribution companies are telling me and what they have heard passed along. FN is still saying that it isn’t true, but I’ve heard conflicting reports from my reps who said they talked to FN and heard something different. As of today however, they are still not being listed as for purchase to LGS, and I’ve confirmed this with several other shops.
    SCAR 17 & 16 - 509, 509 Tactical , FNX 45 Tactical - Patrol Bolt Rifle - FN15 Tactical FDE

grabagun just sent me they have black 16 back in stock.
    dank, Big Muddy, LESTER and 1 others thanked this.

I have based my thinking on this thread:
    https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-1...ifference.html
    But it is about the 17S.
    so, my thinking may be flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjim View Post
    grabagun just sent me they have black 16 back in stock.
    Would be nice to know if they are the US made ones or not. The minute I see them back in stock or even updated sale postings with distributors, I will request that this post be deleted. I am merely passing info along that I've been seeing or hearing because on my end and other for LGS, we can't even order them because they haven't been listed.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoover1027 View Post
    I have based my thinking on this thread:
    https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-1...ifference.html
    But it is about the 17S.
    so, my thinking may be flawed.
    My 17 I just picked up is a US marked one. I've been calling around trying to find a store with one in stock and verify if I can find any SC produced/assembled Scar 16s...

Quote Originally Posted by Welch72 View Post
    My 17 I just picked up is a US marked one. I've been calling around trying to find a store with one in stock and verify if I can find any SC produced/assembled Scar 16s...
    All current 16S SCARs are Belgium made, there are those that were VA or SC assembled. However, FN might be no longer importing the 16S and resort to US made only.

Quote Originally Posted by borg1988 View Post
    All current 16S SCARs are Belgium made, there are those that were VA or SC assembled. However, FN might be no longer importing the 16S and resort to US made only.
    Could explain the lack of availability or why they are saying "discontinued". At this point I'm just waiting and watching. If I see or hear good news, I'll request a mod to delete/lock this post as not to continue stirring the pot.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links