SCAR 16s Discontinued? - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: SCAR 16s Discontinued?

I ran into a guy who just bought a NIB tan Belgian made 16S yesterday 12/19/2019. Of course, there’s no telling how long that 16S had been in the store.

A guy in my gym works at Davidson's, I was asking him about the FN SCAR only this morning, He said they have black 17s, and FDE 20s, I said I wanted a FDE 16, he just rolled his eyes and said Hasn't seen one in a while, they keep ordering them, they get a lot of requests for them in both colors, doesn't see them showing up any time soon. He's gonna ask the guy who does the ordering and talks to the manufacturers, and will get back to me Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo99 View Post
    A guy in my gym works at Davidson's, I was asking him about the FN SCAR only this morning, He said they have black 17s, and FDE 20s, I said I wanted a FDE 16, he just rolled his eyes and said Hasn't seen one in a while, they keep ordering them, they get a lot of requests for them in both colors, doesn't see them showing up any time soon. He's gonna ask the guy who does the ordering and talks to the manufacturers, and will get back to me Monday.
    Tagged

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I've got a 16s FDE NIB sitting here collecting dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo99 View Post
    I have also spoken to my Davidson's rep. He is the person who told me his FN supplier told him they were being discontinued for consumer sales. But I've also been told the same thing by Lipseys, RSR Group, and Sports South also. I check daily to see if they came available for sale to dealers because once they do I'll be very happy that this proved to be false info and that FN was telling the truth. As I said, the distributors are not even showing listings of them to dealers. Only versions I can order are exactly like you listed. If you want a black 17s or 20s, they have PLENTY of them.

My LGS sponsored an FN Range Day yesterday. The FN Factory rep said they are not discontinued but new retail guns may be 6 months out. USA Scars are built in the US with Parts from Belgium and US Made Barrels. Parts deliveries are slow due to worldwide military contracts having priority. Really nice guy.. I believe him FWIW.
    peanuts2018 and SeattleSCAR thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by GMac View Post
    My LGS sponsored an FN Range Day yesterday. The FN Factory rep said they are not discontinued but new retail guns may be 6 months out. USA Scars are built in the US with Parts from Belgium and US Made Barrels. Parts deliveries are slow due to worldwide military contracts having priority. Really nice guy.. I believe him FWIW.
    I still wouldn't get rid of my scar that thing is built like a tank and even if they restricted the use they are always gonna have parts for the public. I'm not worried either way it's not like shes an ar 15 lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They were discontinued... screenshot from my distributor. I assume the one out of stock is the US made?

Now on a personal note, which one do you guys like better? The FDE or Black? I had both and to be honest I liked the black one better for some reason. Might offer my FDE up for a straight black trade when time comes.

Could it be that a particular SCAR16 Sku has been discontinued and the rifle is not discounted?
    dank thanked this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links