SCAR 16s Discontinued? - Page 6

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: SCAR 16s Discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
    Unless somebody can show me that the Belgian SCARs are somehow superior than the American SCARs...I won't lose an ounce of sleep over it.

That said, I just picked up my third SCAR17S (second black one) and it just happens to be the Belgian one. There was an American FDE and I didn't want another FDE. Otherwise had the American one been black I would have bought it just for grins and giggles.
    Granted but u never know. Theres rumors the receivers are us made but the parts coming in are still gonna be Belgium. I dont remember where I seen it at. Either way a scar is a scar period and puts the ar15 to shame every time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts2018 View Post
    Granted but u never know. Theres rumors the receivers are us made but the parts coming in are still gonna be Belgium. I dont remember where I seen it at. Either way a scar is a scar period and puts the ar15 to shame every time.

Honestly, FN keeps saying the stuff is Belgian and that they just assemble them here regardless of the markings, but if they are like Glock on how they set up shop - then the machines and the training are probably going to be the same. I've got a "US" 17 but I have a friend with an old Virginia (Belgian) SCAR 17. We shot both of them, and accuracy or reliability wise, I couldn't tell a darn difference in the two. The only thing that will drive up sales on the Belgian ones is the same notion on Austrian Glocks vs. US made ones - neither one is better, but false rumors will say that one is better than the other.

On a side note, I've talked with Director of Commercial Sales at FN directly regarding the SCAR 16s. He assured me they are not discontinued, but the production has slowed down for reasons he didn't mention. The 16 should be back for purchase around the Quarter 2 or 3 of this year. With the recent demise of Bushmaster and the ACR as a whole, I've been keeping close tabs on the 16 on distribution channels. I was able to finally hear some good news, and I also asked him to tell our distributors that they need to stop telling people that the gun has been discontinued. So here's hoping we can still keep the gun around a lot longer. Like I said before, once I see them for sale to dealers, I'll request this thread be deleted.
    SCAR 17 & 16 - 509, 509 Tactical , FNX 45 Tactical - Patrol Bolt Rifle - FN15 Tactical FDE

Quote Originally Posted by Welch72 View Post
    Honestly, FN keeps saying the stuff is Belgian and that they just assemble them here regardless of the markings, but if they are like Glock on how they set up shop - then the machines and the training are probably going to be the same. I've got a "US" 17 but I have a friend with an old Virginia (Belgian) SCAR 17. We shot both of them, and accuracy or reliability wise, I couldn't tell a darn difference in the two. The only thing that will drive up sales on the Belgian ones is the same notion on Austrian Glocks vs. US made ones - neither one is better, but false rumors will say that one is better than the other.

On a side note, I've talked with Director of Commercial Sales at FN directly regarding the SCAR 16s. He assured me they are not discontinued, but the production has slowed down for reasons he didn't mention. The 16 should be back for purchase around the Quarter 2 or 3 of this year. With the recent demise of Bushmaster and the ACR as a whole, I've been keeping close tabs on the 16 on distribution channels. I was able to finally hear some good news, and I also asked him to tell our distributors that they need to stop telling people that the gun has been discontinued. So here's hoping we can still keep the gun around a lot longer. Like I said before, once I see them for sale to dealers, I'll request this thread be deleted.
    I knew the Belgian model was discontinued because if the switch over but yes my lgs is telling customers that the scar 16s is discontinued and I had to correct him several times. Either way fn is a amazing company and there products are amazing. Customer service is thru the roof.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links