Scar 16 earlier model pinned barrel?

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Libtards in Seattle

Thread: Scar 16 earlier model pinned barrel?

Scar 16 earlier model pinned barrel?

Hey guys, I have searched high and low trying to find that answer. I believe I saw it a long time ago somewhere but I can't find it.

What was the reasoning behind FN pinning/welding the flash surpressor on the scar? When did they do this (was this on the earlier models?) and when did they stop doing this? Thanks y'all

Quote Originally Posted by injection6930 View Post
    Hey guys, I have searched high and low trying to find that answer. I believe I saw it a long time ago somewhere but I can't find it.

What was the reasoning behind FN pinning/welding the flash surpressor on the scar? When did they do this (was this on the earlier models?) and when did they stop doing this? Thanks y'all
    The only pin and weld I've ever seen on a SCAR was an aftermarket mod to comply with a state mandate
    Some of us pin and weld 14" barrels to comply with NFA rules, but then again, not factory
    Last edited by Grinder; 03-28-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Interesting. Definitely don't think it's shaved down any. I don't remember if I read it, or the dealer told me, that FN originally didn't want people to surpress the scar, which is why the pinned and welded the earlier models. Which, it may sound possible, but then why have the gas setting on it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I've never heard of FN pin and welding any of the barrels on the SCAR 16s or 17s. I got my first two SCARs in 2012 and they weren't pinned. Some of them can be a bit of a pain to get off, but they weren't pinned and welded.
    LESTER thanked this.

Sponsored Links