That's not good. Bolt cam pin issue

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 5 Post By HK SD9 Tactical

Thread: That's not good. Bolt cam pin issue

That's not good. Bolt cam pin issue

I decided to clean some guns today. Broke down my 16s, removed the firing pin and went to pull out the bolt cam pin and it was very hard to move. It didn't even want to rotate. Now I have only taken the gun down one time since December when I bought it so I didn't remember if it was supposed to be like this or not. Watched a quick youtube video and it should pull right out. It wasn't moving. So I grabbed my SCAR 17 and took it apart and the bolt cam pin came right out so I knew something wasn't right. I grabbed a needle nose pliers and couldn't really get the cam pin out above where you can see the hole for the firing pin. I noticed a small piece of metal inside the bolt carrier behind the bolt. I'm not sure if the extractor spring is stuck inside the bolt cam pin which is preventing it from coming out or what. Here are a few pictures. I plan to contact FN Monday and see what they say. Any thoughts?

I have about 250 or so rounds through the gun in total. Last time I had it out it worked perfectly. It's been sitting in the safe since the last time I shot it.

Looking down into the back of the bolt you can see metal. Extractor Spring?

Here is the bit of metal I found in the bolt carrier

Update. FN wants me to send in the entire rifle. Not sure why I can't just send in the BCG. Not sure if they'll give me a problem about having my Dead Air flash hider on there or not. Guess we'll see.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by amill08 View Post
    Update. FN wants me to send in the entire rifle. Not sure why I can't just send in the BCG. Not sure if they'll give me a problem about having my Dead Air flash hider on there or not. Guess we'll see.
    FN wants the entire firearm so that they can test fire for operational purposes. This is their policy concerning servicing firearms. Whether the DA flash hider will be a problem is an unknown. FN is also notorious for refusing service if the firearm has been modified. I would return it to factory specs prior to sending it in for service, if possible. YMMV......

Sponsored Links