FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree17Thanks

Thread: Scars thread concentricity???

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootingSight View Post
    If you (or anyone who has one) can throw a caliper on yours to see what the rod diameter is. As stated, this does not need to be fit to less than a few thou tolerence, so I'd bet all these advertised rods are simply commercial ground rods with the ends cleaned up, maybe some fancy laser engraving, and a price markup.
    Mine have a shoulder on them to prevent them from falling into the bore end of the barrel so they are not drill rod with a fancy name on them. They have been ground from a larger sized rod down to 223 and 308 specs..
    Ex-Racer / Ex-Pat thanked this.

FWIW my 16 with saker trifecta brake/mount is concentric as confirmed by Geissele rod.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    Im not convinved it is a thread issue unless this has been verified with a rod. What ammo? It could have been a tumbler, a unbalanced projectile, or other issues. I think yours is the first listing this as a possible issue with the 16. Lets start with the ammo and check concentricity using a rod. I recommend that anyone using a can get a suppressor rod to rule out why you get a baffle strike. They are inexpensive, save for the Gissele rods. My rod cost $19 and it was well worth it. You can also use a wooden dowel, not 100% accurate but it would show if there was a severe tilt of the can......
    I was running federal 55gr ball... I was sighting in my eotech at 50 yards. I actually think it is the threads on the mount, the big threads that the can goes on and not the female threaded part of the flash hider. I put a couple other silencerco cans on it and it seems like the threads are out of whack somehow. I'm going to send the can back to sico and the mount so they can figure out the problem... I know I had it locked on tight because i go through a checklist before I fire a weapon with a can just so I can avoid things like this!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

It was actually the flash hider and not the brake... It was torqued to 35lb and red loctited.
    jaflowers thanked this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links