Private Sale Help - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: Private Sale Help

Modified lowers marketability

You said new ones go as low as 2900? If you cant get it for 2500 or less I would buy new.
    OfficerSmith thanked this.
    5.7x28: FN Five-seveN MkII
    12ga: FN P-12
    20ga: Browning/Remi' Auto5
    Others: 22lr (Ruger-CC), 6mm CM (HOWA), .30-06 (Tikka), .380acp (SIG), .45acp (Pardini, Kimber)

A short drive from the center of the universe
    Seems like a high risk investment to me. What is "legal" in Mass. today might easily be changed to illegal the next at the whim of the governor or legislature with no grandfathering in. If you want to roll the dice and buy it, a replacement lower is not too hard to come by. I have seen several here selling theirs after replacing them with aftermarket ones that can use SR-25 mags. Seems like they sell for around $75. Occasionally an OEM stock comes up for sale as well. Buy the gun if you get the deal you want then put a want to buy ad on the forum for a fde lower and stock. Maybe by the time you get an offer you will have gotten used to the customizations and can live with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerSmith View Post
    What I know is that a rifle does not classify as an "assault rifle" so long as a few parameters have been met. Those are: the stock cannot telescope (this is achieved by pinning the desired length in place), magazines cannot exceed 10 rounds unless the magazines were manufactured before 1994 or are undated, and must be semi-automatic. It is acceptable, and thankfully not as bad as CA.
    I was being a little bit facetious on this. Mass has a history of classifying firearms as assault weapons based on whims. I know it is a bit more complicated than that but what I have seen in the past 10 years in Mass has me concerned that it will soon be the east coast Kommiefornia as far as firearms, more importantly where semi automatic rifles are concerned.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FN47 View Post
    Modified lowers marketability

You said new ones go as low as 2900? If you cant get it for 2500 or less I would buy new.
    With or without the optic do you think? It is worth a good 1000 after all.

Depending on condition/age/generation of the optics, I'd guess the Eotech 512 is worth like $250-350? Magnifier maybe a bit more. I highly doubt that a 512 and Magnifier (especially used) is worth $1K...not to me anyway. As I said before, if you really want it just get it. Why sweat over a couple hundred bucks if it's what you really want and maybe even hard to find. That paint will come off or spend the money on a cool cerakote finish; hell, I'd probably just rattle-can that thing! But I'm a Neanderthal so there's that I suppose.

I would not think that the eotech set up would be your optic of choice for this rifle. If it is, then consider the value of a used setup. If not, would negotiate the price without and go shop elsewhere for exactly what you want and possibly by an optic in a different transaction

Used optics don't hold that much value in my opinion as well.
    5.7x28: FN Five-seveN MkII
    12ga: FN P-12
    20ga: Browning/Remi' Auto5
    Others: 22lr (Ruger-CC), 6mm CM (HOWA), .30-06 (Tikka), .380acp (SIG), .45acp (Pardini, Kimber)

The SCAR 16S Belgium made rifles are no longer produced, the FDE rifles are scarce and drive high demand/prices, and used rifles are now moving at $3k+ on gunbroker. I think you can get into the rifle for a good value at the negotiated price.
    mjk1 and OfficerSmith thanked this.
    PS90 (SBR) Black : FS2000 Black : FiveSeven Black : 509 Tactical FDE : FNX Tactical FDE : SCAR 16S FDE (DMR setup) : SCAR 16S FDE (SBR) : SCAR 17S FDE (DMR setup) : SCAR 17S FDE (SBR) : SCAR 20S FDE : FNAR Competition : FNH SLP Competition

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerSmith View Post
    Sure can.
    Oh Jesus...!!! He sure did F that up !!! Maybe there is a way to sand the magwell area lightly then have a Cerakoter mask it off and cover with a coat of ..... Urban insanity camoflage ??

This thread had some very good feedback from HK, cdiamond and clubmanager .
    It will be interesting to see where you ended up as I read on to the threads end.
    For what it's worth... Right before the last weapon buying frenzy ( aka Sandy Hook ) Scar 16's NIB were easily had for $2400 or maybe lower ( less easily ). I will admit to getting sucked in during the frenzy on a couple instances ( which I regret today ) .... however.... FTR.... I purchased a 16 in the frenzy @ 3000 with some goodies, I just could not stand the thought of not having a 16 to match my 17.... (or at least that's my story).... I had coveted that lesser of 2 "evil's" for several months and then selling it back to " The Frenzy " .... because I had foreseen the end ! I sold it for exactly what it cost me and in the end only lost the cost of shipping.

Moral of the story is to consider carefully since values are extremely subjective.
    Weapon does look in good condition.
    ORIGINALLY POSTED By " akitainu " As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo I will have one "

URIAH HEEP " Stealin when I should have been Buying " !

Quote Originally Posted by mjk1 View Post
    Oh Jesus...!!! He sure did F that up !!! Maybe there is a way to sand the magwell area lightly then have a Cerakoter mask it off and cover with a coat of ..... Urban insanity camoflage ??

This thread had some very good feedback from HK, cdiamond and clubmanager .
    It will be interesting to see where you ended up as I read on to the threads end.
    For what it's worth... Right before the last weapon buying frenzy ( aka Sandy Hook ) Scar 16's NIB were easily had for $2400 or maybe lower ( less easily ). I will admit to getting sucked in during the frenzy on a couple instances ( which I regret today ) .... however.... FTR.... I purchased a 16 in the frenzy @ 3000 with some goodies, I just could not stand the thought of not having a 16 to match my 17.... (or at least that's my story).... I had coveted that lesser of 2 "evil's" for several months and then selling it back to " The Frenzy " .... because I had foreseen the end ! I sold it for exactly what it cost me and in the end only lost the cost of shipping.

Moral of the story is to consider carefully since values are extremely subjective.
    Weapon does look in good condition.
    I was thinking that sanding it down might work. I ended up offering $3000 for everything (compared to their asking $3650), noting that the paint lowers the marketability, the used optics, and the fact that I'll probably have to pay to get a new stock or have it readjusted because of MA compliance.

I'll be sure to let the thread know how it ends up! I don't think I'll ever see a ~$4500 deal like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links