Private Sale Help - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: Private Sale Help

On another popular site, a Scar16 was listed at $2600 and is now sold. It was FDE with about 500 rounds through it and came with extra piston and other spare parts. My opinion is that if the buyer got it at listed price, he did fairly well for himself. I thought of getting it but like I said before, for the 5.56 round, I think a good AR is better. My fave is PWS; for the money, you can't find a better weapon. Again, just my opinion.

But a Scar17 Man!!!!
    Ex-Racer / Ex-Pat thanked this.

Buy one in N.H, they are on the Ma roster and itís a long rifle so you donít need a transfer to bring it home. Got mine for 2700 brand new

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdin View Post
    Buy one in N.H, they are on the Ma roster and itís a long rifle so you donít need a transfer to bring it home. Got mine for 2700 brand new
    Sweet. Where did you end up going?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by clubmanager View Post
    On another popular site, a Scar16 was listed at $2600 and is now sold. It was FDE with about 500 rounds through it and came with extra piston and other spare parts. My opinion is that if the buyer got it at listed price, he did fairly well for himself. I thought of getting it but like I said before, for the 5.56 round, I think a good AR is better. My fave is PWS; for the money, you can't find a better weapon. Again, just my opinion.

But a Scar17 Man!!!!
    I know, I'm stuck between the 16 and 17! But I weighed my options and the pros and cons and the 16 came out on top. The 17 has more of that classic SCAR feel though...
    Last edited by OfficerSmith; 05-29-2020 at 09:13 PM.

When I got mine I had called 20 places and no one had one in stock. You will have to order it but I went to Peteís gun and tackle in Hudson NH.
    OfficerSmith thanked this.

You could probably replace the lower (stripped) fairly reasonably as well. Good luck!
    OfficerSmith thanked this.
    If the truth hurts, take a good long look in the mirror....

The 16 has too light a barrel for serious engagements. The 17 barrel is much better but the action is not combat reliable in the opinion of those with experience.

That optic with or without the magnifier is not one I would spend my money on. I'd prefer an ACSS reticle equipped fixed Schott glass optic.

For the money there is a lot to be had in the AR world.

That "art work" is a little annoying and damn near cute. I could live with it but it's nothing a rattle paint can can't touch up.

The main thing is you live in the wrong State. MA is terrible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links