Vortex Razor 1-6, VXR 3-9, Aimpoint PRO

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: Vortex Razor 1-6, VXR 3-9, Aimpoint PRO

Vortex Razor 1-6, VXR 3-9, Aimpoint PRO

Wondering which optic would be the best choice for the SCAR 17. May shoot deer/yotes with it from time to time. If I had to pick one use I would say SHTF.
    Our local Gander has the:
    Razor-$950
    Leupold-$350
    I already have the PRO with no home.

Cost isn’t my main concern, but money not spent on glass can be spent elsewhere.

Let me know your thoughts,
    Thanks!

If you look around, you can find ACOG's for about a thousand. The TA33's have great eye relief. I went through phases with mine. Loved it at first, then wanted to change out for more magnification, and then got kind of spoiled to it. After shooting my buddies Leupold's and a Night Force on his rifles, I came to really appreciate the generous eye box the ACOG's offer. No dials, no focusing, quick acquisition of targets....Maannn, for SHTF, I want my Acog. I would like a second SCAR with higher magnification, but this whole COVID 19 thing has my hours cut in half, and I've just got to wait and see where the ball drops before I can make that kind of high dollar purchase. Perhaps my opinion would change if I had more time with the variable optics and more time in on shooting beyond 200 yards. My experience with optics is VERY limited, so my above opinion should be weighed with that in mind. For 200 yards I know the ACOG is a sure hit on target, probably 300 yards.

I am not a fan of the ACOGs, I have tried a couple different models on a few different platforms and I’ve just never been a big fan. But now you have me thinking about coupling my PRO with a 3x magnifier and calling it good. I’m just really not sure. Been all over the forum and other sources all weekend looking for what i thought would fit and I just can’t seem to make my mind up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

among those I would go with a razor man

Yeah, that’s what I am leaning towards. I‘m going to put hands on it tomorrow, if I bring it home I will attach pics! Thanks for the help

It’s got some weight to it cause it’s built like a tank but an excellent choice. Love mine.
    akitainu thanked this.

If you already have the PRO, I'd get a magnifier. The PRO is better than a 1-6 at 0-100 yard stuff. I run a 1-6, but I live in the country and don't plan on CQB with mine. I think the LPVO is best for getting the most out of the 7.62/308 for some distance, but it's a trade off for the fast and close work that's better done with red dots.
    SCAR- "AR10 accurate & AK reliable with Beltfed longevity." Fröman

Ended up going and scooping the Vortex today. Figured at the price it was worth buying. If I don’t like it I can get close to , or all my money back. If I do then that’s the cheapest I’ve seen one NIB. Now the fun starts to figure out which mount. Have some Warne vert rings that will do for now, but eventually hoping to get a one piece QD mount for it.
    Any suggestions besides the Delta, or is that my best option for the 200-300 price range?

Never mind the grip, tried to Convert a magpul grip I had laying around, and no luck, trashed it. But an old A2 I used to do test stippling fit just fine. PMM shipped out my new grip today! Just wanted to update on what I went with, and everyone likes pics.
    It still bothers me that the factory irons are missing but it’s a work in progress.

Thanks for all the help gents!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rizza32 thanked this.

I think the ADM Delta is the best option in that price range, maybe in any range. The Scalar is lighter, but not sure about the durability. And it's cantilevered (kind of a no-no on the SCAR).
    SCAR- "AR10 accurate & AK reliable with Beltfed longevity." Fröman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links