Surefire FH762SV-SCAR Pictures on rifle

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: Surefire FH762SV-SCAR Pictures on rifle

Surefire FH762SV-SCAR Pictures on rifle

I picked up the FH762SV-SCAR muzzle device from Shooting Surplus this week and got it mounted. As far as I understand this is the clone-correct device for the SCAR 20 SSR, and is why the SCAR 20's heavy barrel has the step-down notch in profile. The flash hider extends down the outside of the barrel and covers much of the notch.

There's still a small gap between the shoulders of the notch and the end of the flash hider, so I added a size 7 silicone ring to close the gap for aesthetic reasons only. To me this really helps the proportions of the front of the rifle and as everyone knows, looking cool is the most important thing in the world.

Just thought I'd post up some pictures in case anyone else is considering getting one.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm assuming good flash suppression with some very minimal recoil reduction from the design of the ports. I'll report back.

goretro77, 1KPerDay and Big Muddy thanked this.

thanks for posting.
    it does look a lot better with that collar. i wonder why such a gap.
    i have a surefire over the barrel brake and there only a small gap.

notblake thanked this.
    FN SCAR® 20S : Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 H59 : Bobro Engineering SCAR Dual Lever Mount : Surefire – MB762SSAL/RE Muzzle Brake : Accu-Tac SR-5 G2 bipod

I had a chance to go shoot the rifle today at my local 100 yard range (underground with electronic targets). The POI did shift down approximately .4 mils vs my previous surefire muzzle brake. I will say the flash hider did not meaningfully increase felt recoil and did reduce muzzle concussion. I really like it overall. Overall accuracy is still excellent, so the harmonics of the barrel do not appear to have been negatively affected.

I've included a slow-mo video of the shot below so you can (kinda) see the flash profile. Bonus, check out the hit getting recognized by the targeting system just after the bolt finishes cycling. Solid hit.

Attachment 130021

Attachment 130023
    theLBC thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

where did u order the silicone black ring from? I just noticed the gap on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFighter View Post
    where did u order the silicone black ring from? I just noticed the gap on mine.
    I just ordered a random size 7 ring off of amazon. Here's the particular unit I got: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    goretro77 thanked this.

I also have that gap, thanks for the heads up on the ring. ordered.

I added Rocksett on the threads, hand twisted mine till it stopped and added an small amount of torque to keep it from spinning loose, its not lined up quite right but somehow your looks lined up straight? Did you torque it down a lot to get it to that point?
    It is not your SCAR till the sticker is off!!

Not sure if you're talking to me or the LBC but there is no timing on the FH762SV-SCAR. There is no bottom or top of it.

if your device must be timed (like mine) you'll want to use shims. a "crush washer" can also be used, but i have heard negative things about that option.
    FN SCAR® 20S : Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 H59 : Bobro Engineering SCAR Dual Lever Mount : Surefire – MB762SSAL/RE Muzzle Brake : Accu-Tac SR-5 G2 bipod

You are not supposed to "time" these. Thread them on, and torque. They time off the muzzle so orientation is completely random. Using any sort of spacer/crush washer/anything can cause misalignment.

man, did these brakes dry up quick?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links