My new FN 509 MRD Midsize 15+1 arriving soon...

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: My new FN 509 MRD Midsize 15+1 arriving soon...

Cool My new FN 509 MRD Midsize 15+1 arriving soon...

So yeah,

I pulled the trigger on a NIB 509 listed on GB for 625.99. As soon as my check clears it'll be on its merry way to my local FFL. Yes, I know photos or it never happened alas it ain't in my grubby little pistol fondling hands yet, photos forthcoming.

Then of course knowing my history with firearms it will be customized and personalized the SeaMac way. At least FN got the 509 Midsize damn near perfect IMHO so hopefully I'll finally be able to leave mostly well enough alone. You see, Glock gives me too many options and I can't help myself but to customize, it's an illness I'm aware with the only effective medicine and treatment being more customization. Thankfully the Doctors at FN Herstal seem to have created a vaccine in the 509. I should be okay now and heading towards remission...
    DirtyF9, LESTER, akitainu and 2 others thanked this.
    "Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn." ~ John C. Maxwell

Μολὼν λάβε

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I really enjoy mine. I have no real complaints. Threw an RMR on it and shoved it in the holster on my belt after a zero session at the range. Carry 15+1 in the pistol and a 24 Rd backup ready to go with the other 15 round in my front pocket.

I do want a trigger job on it, though as mentioned in the other thread, not an aftermarket, just the trigger job. I did replace the striker with the apex, and kept the OEM as a backup.
    SeaMac thanked this.

I too will purchase Apex's striker keeping the factory as a backup. I like the Apex failure proof extractor since it seems to provide a more tactile LCI instead of the barely visible red paint mark as factory. As in the other thread if Midwest doesn't start stocking the factory threaded barrel Apex will just get more of my $$.
    DirtyF9 thanked this.

Μολὼν λάβε

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Congrats! SeaMac on your new 509 MRD Midsize!
    SeaMac and Smurky thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Nice. I'm seriously considering a Midsize to replace my Glock 19 daily carry. I have a few projects I'm working on first, but it will be soon. Was kinda hoping we'd see a Midsize tactical soon too.
    SeaMac thanked this.

Thanks, there are only two parts missing on the MRD Midsize to make it a Tactical. 1) Threaded Barrel 2) Rear Sight Protective Wings. At some point I'm sure both will appear at Midwest or elsewhere in the meantime Apex sells their threaded barrel and if you mount an RMR those protective wings are part of the filler plate where an RMR goes.

Μολὼν λάβε

My favorite 509
    SeaMac thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    My favorite 509
    Soon to be mine too! I can't seem to find a pistol as quite as well engineered to end the G19's worldwide reign.

Μολὼν λάβε

Good news from Trijicon today. On all my pistols that have night sights stamped Trijicon I have the rear sight's green tritium vials replaced with yellow. Both yellow and green vials share the same lifespan of 10 - 11 years and the same relative brightness. Yellow and green also provides a color contrast that I have personally found to aid in sight acquisition. Trijicon still swaps them for $19 per vial with the same 2 - 4 week turnaround time. Now I just need to order the 509 Tac's night sights...

Μολὼν λάβε

Congrats on the 509, man. That midsize looks to be a solid carry package. I picked up a Tactical last month...still in the "getting to know you" phase, but it has been 100% reliable. I doubt I'll ever shake the Glock monkey off my back, but the 509 has a lot going for it.

Good to see you around.
    SeaMac and Smurky thanked this.
    "When I mount the scaffold at last these will be my farewell words to the sheriff: Say what you will against me when I am gone, but don’t forget to add, in common justice, that I was never converted to anything." - H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links