AHHHH CORONA VIRUS! Hey someone died from it in the US. Meanwhile.....

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree1038Thanks

Thread: AHHHH CORONA VIRUS! Hey someone died from it in the US. Meanwhile.....

AHHHH CORONA VIRUS! Hey someone died from it in the US. Meanwhile.....

In the last few months 20,000 have died from regular flu. But yes by all means lets panic over the one single death caused by this new strain. PHHT!

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm
    FN47, M1P90 and Mark McWillis thanked this.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

"If I don't shoot you now, you're never going to learn." ~ me

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Yup....a panic where non exist. Avg of 3280 deaths a day in traffic......where is all the concern for this? Oh yeah, traffic fatalities are not a health hazard.
    Canyon Man thanked this.

It's like scratching an itch until it bleeds. The reaction hurts us more than the stimulus
    Smurky thanked this.
    NRA Life Member
    If people can't have guns, they shouldn't have cars
    FN & Brownings: 5.7x28mm, 12ga, 20ga
    Others: Pardini, Kimber, Clark-Custom, SIG, HOWA, Tikka

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

As old saying goes, "if it bleeds it leads". The media hypes this into a frenzy for more eyeballs on their news programs. I pray this virus dies down by spring at the latest with minimal casualties in this country. The last thing we need is for this to drag out through the summer as well as the economic fallout. Way to much of a risk to Trump's reelection prospects.
    M1P90 and Smurky thanked this.

The news media needs a new money maker. Trump isn't paying off as well as he used to. Also, the dems haven't made up a new scandal yet. So.... CORONA VIRUS! AAHHHHH!. LOL

Plus the dems want the market to tank so they can not only blame Trump for the virus but also the market in order to hurt his re-election. So... AHHHHH COVID-19!

That all being said, 1st week of February I got out of stocks and put 100% of my investments into stable value bonds. Why? Because AHHH CORONA VIRUS! Turned out to be a real good time to do just that. Friday, I jumped a large chunk of my investment $$$ back into the Vanguard fund (S&P500). Since WWII we have had some 40-50 market corrections. The average of which was about 15% drop. Well? We are now there so I am in like Flynn!

I look at it this way. If market keeps going south I at least avoided a 15% loss in a week from simply staying in stocks. Also, if it keeps going south (BEAR) I can pull back out. However, I don't really see it going down crazy like 40% a full on bear market; but it could! If it starts to rebound and looks promising; from something like the feds are going to drop the rates next month I may put more back into stocks. DISCLAIMER! I am no stock pro and I am not suggesting anyone follow me into deeper water. Trade at your own peril!

Curious to see how this turn out.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 02-29-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    M1P90 thanked this.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

Death rate is 77x the regular flu. Make fun of it all you want, but there are getting ready to be a lot of victims.
    Milspec, Alpha-17 and SCAR1911 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    Death rate is 77x the regular flu. Make fun of it all you want, but there are getting ready to be a lot of victims.
    Unlike the flu, I don't think anyone knows what the death rate is as we haven't gone through covid yet. Got a source? 77x higher... where? Because I dont really care what the mortality rate is in China or Africa or Europe.

Look on the bright side. If it does get really bad here in America! The East and Left Coast will get it the worst. Basically the democratically controlled inner cities will get hit the hardest so it will be a net loss for democratic voters.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 02-29-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    M1P90 and Ironminer thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Unlike the flu, I don't think anyone knows what the death rate is as we haven't gone through covid yet. Got a source? 77x higher... where? Because I dont really care what the mortality rate is in China or Africa or Europe.

Look on the bright side. If it does get really bad here in America! The East and Left Coast will get it the worst. Basically the democratically controlled inner cities will get hit the hardest so it will be a net loss for democratic voters.
    Yo geography wizard. A lot of us live in the East and West.
    Last edited by Milspec; 03-01-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    Macprowler thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    In the last few months 20,000 have died from regular flu. But yes by all means lets panic over the one single death caused by this new strain. PHHT!

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm
    As with most events, the truth usually lies in between what the media hypes and what the government tells you.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    As with most events, the truth usually lies in between what the media hypes and what the government tells you.
    That is probably the truest thing I'll read all day.

Personal anecdote:

My wife and I were at the grocery store and saw a whole family decked out in their little paper face masks. It was an odd sight. It freaked out my wife a little, and the next thing I know she's filling up the cart with dried beans, rice and dog food..."just in case".

She looked around and asked me if there was anything else we should get. I said I should order some extra ammo..."just in case". Normally this is where I get "the look". But she nodded and said, "yeah, go ahead and do that." And I did. I guess I'm supposed to shoot the virus if it gets too close.

Now, normally I'd try to be the voice of reason. But I saw an opportunity present itself and couldn't pass it up.
    Milspec, dank, Texchappy and 7 others thanked this.
    "When I mount the scaffold at last these will be my farewell words to the sheriff: Say what you will against me when I am gone, but don’t forget to add, in common justice, that I was never converted to anything." - H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links