FN Forum

Google Search
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Thanks Tree282Thanks

Thread: Ohio and Michigan Stay At Home Protests

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dank View Post
    These idiots have their head so far up their A$$ they can taste it....
    I have been seeing a lot of that lately! lol!!!!! and some think they are God!
    dank, SCAR'd Mike, theLBC and 2 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Smurky, SCAR'd Mike, dank and 2 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Extending Michigan’s State of Emergency is not the same thing as extending the stay-at-home order

Both Michigan’s State of Emergency and stay-at-home order were originally slated to end Thursday.
    The stay-at-home order has already been extended until May 15. However, the State of Emergency is still slated to end this week.
    Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said Monday that she is requesting a 28 day extension of the State of Emergency, meaning it would be in place until the end of May.
    dank, Big Muddy, SCAR'd Mike and 2 others thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by LESTER View Post
    Extending Michigan’s State of Emergency is not the same thing as extending the stay-at-home order

Both Michigan’s State of Emergency and stay-at-home order were originally slated to end Thursday.
    The stay-at-home order has already been extended until May 15. However, the State of Emergency is still slated to end this week.
    Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said Monday that she is requesting a 28 day extension of the State of Emergency, meaning it would be in place until the end of May.
    I don't know anything about MI state constitution but can the order be extended without a state of emergency existing?

The state supreme court in WI is now pondering a similar question. The statute for emergency powers in WI gives the governor unilateral power for 60 days when an emergency order is issued. After 60 days the statute requires the assembly and senate vote to extend the Emergency Order. The "stay at home" order was extended by the Acting Health Secretary under a different statute. The Dems are basically saying the health secretary has more power than the governor. The repubs are saying the statute the Health Secretary used is only applicable when an emergency order exists. So the clock ticks, we should have a decision by the end of the week or early next week.

My fellow WI residents were ignorant getting rid of one of the best Governors (Walker) ever to hold office in my lifetime. Voted in the Supt of DPI that presided over public education in WI degrading some of the best in the nation to mediocrity. I suppose similar to MI because we're viewed as a purple state Holder, Soros and others are spending TONS of money on any of the state and federal level elections.
    LESTER, M1P90, hillbillyjim and 1 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Smurky, SCAR'd Mike, dank and 4 others thanked this.

Quarantine protestors are fu(kin idiots. You think their is a reason we have the most cases in the world. As far as quarantine goes even Russia is miles ahead of us. Why because people aren’t dumb enough to ignore the government. Don’t get me wrong I know how f’d up Russia is, that being said they have been able to “flatten the curve” successfully as we are basically in a wildfire. I am currently on a NAVAIR contract in Kuwait. They set up a quarantine zone I would have to guess 1 mile by 1 mile. It looks like zombie land in there. It’s not their fault most if not all are from India or Bangladesh. They make less than pennies on the dollar and are forced to line up and get government provided food or they will starve. There’s no way to contain a highly contagious virus in those conditions. They are about to go on a 24/7 mandatory 14 lockdown because nothing else is working. Very similar to the U.S. the self quarantine and essential worker situation isn’t effective. Luckily I was in (still am) the Philippines when the **** truly hit the fan. They’ve taken extreme measures here and I happen to be on an island (Boracay) with my missus and 3 year old daughter. There are zero cases here on the island so we are staying put. Stay safe guys and gals. I don’t think this is going to end soon.
    Last edited by KameronTKelly; 05-05-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    theLBC and Smurky thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

There is common sense precautions and out right idiotic overkill and Michigan went full retard on this. Can go to a store and buy food but not pick up a package of freaking seeds is beyond stupid. Can't spend a day on the lake all by your lonesome or spend time in a park with your family away from others is also idiotic. For the love of God I don't think we ever went this far during past Polio epidemics. The draconian lockdowns might be neccessary in urban cesspools but in the more rural areas it's overkill.
    dank, SCAR'd Mike, Ironminer and 4 others thanked this.

You can call the protesters all the names you want and "say" they are in the wrong. But the law is clearly spelled out. What these stay at home order do is completely unconstitutional. These Lawmakers and the police who enforce these unconstitutional laws should all be fined and jailed.

18 U.S. Code § 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 05-05-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Smurky, Alpha-17 and hillbillyjim thanked this.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

"If I don't shoot you now, you're never going to learn." ~ me

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    dank, Big Muddy, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by KameronTKelly View Post
    Quarantine protestors are fu(kin idiots. You think their is a reason we have the most cases in the world. As far as quarantine goes even Russia is miles ahead of us. Why because people aren’t dumb enough to ignore the government. Don’t get me wrong I know how f’d up Russia is, that being said they have been able to “flatten the curve” successfully as we are basically in a wildfire. I am currently on a NAVAIR contract in Kuwait. They set up a quarantine zone I would have to guess 1 mile by 1 mile. It looks like zombie land in there. It’s not their fault most if not all are from India or Bangladesh. They make less than pennies on the dollar and are forced to line up and get government provided food or they will starve. There’s no way to contain a highly contagious virus in those conditions. They are about to go on a 24/7 mandatory 14 lockdown because nothing else is working. Very similar to the U.S. the self quarantine and essential worker situation isn’t effective. Luckily I was in (still am) the Philippines when the **** truly hit the fan. They’ve taken extreme measures here and I happen to be on an island (Boracay) with my missus and 3 year old daughter. There are zero cases here on the island so we are staying put. Stay safe guys and gals. I don’t think this is going to end soon.
    meh, Sweden didn't lock down and their per capita death rate is lower than UK, Italy, Spain...
    Big Muddy, M1P90, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.
    FN SCAR® 20S : Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 H59 : Bobro Engineering SCAR Dual Lever Mount : Surefire – MB762SSAL/RE Muzzle Brake : Accu-Tac SR-5 G2 bipod

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links