A good site and a good Plan in my opinion.

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree41Thanks
  • 7 Post By KameronTKelly
  • 6 Post By Canyon Man
  • 4 Post By KameronTKelly
  • 5 Post By KameronTKelly
  • 4 Post By Canyon Man
  • 4 Post By Buffman
  • 4 Post By SCAR'd Mike
  • 3 Post By tsymonds
  • 4 Post By KameronTKelly

Thread: A good site and a good Plan in my opinion.

A good site and a good Plan in my opinion.

SGammo has always been a fair and awesome ammo source. They donít do CTD type crap. Long story short they still have have a ton of 5,000 round lots of quality .22 in stock. You guys know thatís the first thing to go when stuff starts going. Just a friendly heads up for those who are prudent. I say a good plan because I have been bartering with it for a while. I love .22. Of course they have smaller lots but of course you get a better price on the larger ones. Aguila is excellent (depending on the load) CCI is good (depending on the load) my personal favorite CCI segmented rounds. They sell them in different velocities but I like the subs because I always use a suppressor. Just a friendly message guys. Very good investment.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

Thanks Kam. I went into an LGS yesterday, found some ammo, not the biggest selection. But 5.56 and 308 were there. Didn't look for .22 though. I was looking for 7.62 x 39 specifically - but not one round of it there. I'm getting ready to look online for a thousand rounds or so right now. I may throw some 22 in with the mix if it's available wherever I find 7.62 x 39. I doubt I'll buy from two different places to get .22, but it's a good reminder...Don't forget the basics - we remember when .22 wasn't findable for months after Sandy Hook.

EDIT: They have plenty of ammo at SGAmmo - Going to order a thousand rounds. How is their shipping ? Not so much for speed, but for quality - Is it secured in a good tightly taped up box ? I may send it to a friends PO Box is why I'm asking. I don't want to ship a box that's breaking apart with ammo in it to a PO Box. - especially one that's not mine lol.
    Last edited by Canyon Man; 05-21-2020 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Add a question
    SCAR'd Mike, LESTER, akitainu and 3 others thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon Man View Post
    Thanks Kam. I went into an LGS yesterday, found some ammo, not the biggest selection. But 5.56 and 308 were there. Didn't look for .22 though. I was looking for 7.62 x 39 specifically - but not one round of it there. I'm getting ready to look online for a thousand rounds or so right now. I may throw some 22 in with the mix if it's available wherever I find 7.62 x 39. I doubt I'll buy from two different places to get .22, but it's a good reminder...Don't forget the basics - we remember when .22 wasn't findable for months after Sandy Hook.
    Their shipping has always been top notch. They are family owned I believe so thatís a plus. I have bought tens of thousands of rounds probably close to 100k rounds from them. As far as X39 I bought 10,000 golden tiger and they are packed nice and tight and plastic wrapped inside the box. Awesome company. Also another point I feel I should make is .22 was off the market for Years after SH. Everyone was looking for it. I think for the average Joe 5,000 rounds of target plinking rounds and 1,000 to 2,500 of hunting ammo (Iím speaking of .22 only) ought to do it. You can still get it at a decent price. Right now I am in another country and experiencing a real world panic buying situation when it comes to certain things. I went through the recession in the states. I went through the Obama scare. I went through SH dry streak. I will never again be short on ammo. .22 is one of the most versatile and sought after rounds on the market. Not only because itís affordable but because thereís a thousand uses for it.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Canyon man SG has golden tiger for an excellent price right now. Youíre good to for both calibers. Golden tiger 7.62X39 is some of the best 7.62x39 ammo I have ever dealt with. They have the cheaper stuff too.
    LESTER, SCAR'd Mike, Big Muddy and 2 others thanked this.

Thanks again Kam. I ordered a thousand rounds of Wolf Mil-Spec 123 grain hollow points. I'm not well versed on the 7.62 x 39 ammo world. From the limited research I've done, it looks like the Wolf hollow points expand well. The mil spec stuff is sealed well and will hold over time well. I did read that it smells bad though. I'd like to find some well priced soft tips. It sounds like all the soft tips in this caliber perform well expansion wise, but a lot of the hollow point rounds don't. I haven't researched Golden Tiger at all really. I appreciate the tip on it. Ideally, a soft tip round with no bimetals for a good price would be nice - and of course with clean burning powder. The Wolf I ordered isn't corrosive, but not the cleanest burning stuff in town either it seems. I didn't order .22 because the site suggested one type of ammo at a time made it easier for shipping reasons during this current ammo crunch. The reviews of SGAmmo were indeed good, and their packaging was praised. They don't ship to PO Boxes so I'll try managing the shipment to my residence online. I'll give that Golden Tiger a whirl though. I'm gonna' check out an LGS for .22 this weekend - Order online if need be. SGAmmo had good prices and stuff in stock - Very good info you passed onto us here. I appreciate it Sir - I'm pretty certain I'm going to be a repeat customer there. I ordered it late last night and already got notice my order had been filled !

Sam is the best He's a big supporter of my channel, and a lot of the ammo tests are done specifically for him

Yes, Sam is my to go to guy... I got one of the last CCI Mini Mag Cases of 5,000 before he sold out... Even tho I have over 50,000 on hand... A bunch of Suppressors, Quiets (both semi and bolt), and Sub Sonics... 22 seems the first to go in a crunch... Don't know why... Sam was one of a VERY few that has had 5.56 available through all of this... Sure cases went up about $100, but you can still get them...

What I don’t reload I buy from SG. Nuff said.
    KameronTKelly, akitainu and Canyon Man thanked this.
    Stay out of my bedroom, bathroom, wallet and gun safe and we'll probably get along much better.

Like everywhere else we have a surplus of public parasites - P.O. Ackley

Opportunity is missed by most because it's dressed in coveralls and looks like work.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and for the same reason.

I have honestly lost track of how many cases of various calibers I have bought from SG. Their shipping costs are way more than fair. They are the first place I look when I want to buy in bulk. Unfortunately buying locally is not a good option as the local stuff is either over priced or out of stock. I feel very comfortable on the amount that I have right now but thatís relative. How much ammo makes one feel comfortable? To me I could never have enough .22. For my semi autos I think 5K per. (5.56,7.62x39,.308,5.7x28,6.5grendel,300blk I forget what else) for my bolt hunting rifles Iím thinking around 2-2.5k per. I stock up extra on 5.56 and 7.62 to use for bartering if needed. For some strange reason people go nuts over .22 though which is why I started this thread. SG for the win.
    Canyon Man, akitainu, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

Sponsored Links