• 1 Post By Troublesx10
  • 2 Post By KameronTKelly
  • 3 Post By Smurky
  • 1 Post By Canyon Man
  • 2 Post By Troublesx10
  • 3 Post By brokegun

Thread: — how do you/where do you —

— how do you/where do you —

Apologies for the partially misleading title, but genuinely curious.

Im looking forward a few rarer items. Always use google, fun deals, wiki arms, gun broker, grabagun, primary arms, cdnn to mention a few.

Wanted to ask the community how you search the Internet- specifically which search engines/apps/forums for deals. What sites do you use to search the Internet for gun deals and smaller web stores.

asking as my searching is showing up empty. Some of you have incredible google-fu. Truthfully envious of it.

for the curious — looking for a black and green beretta/fde/ or black and grey m9a3, uzi micro with brace, or a talo ruger 4 inch single six in 357.
    Ironminer thanked this.

Thanks are tough right now in the gun world. The panic buying started a while ago and hasn't stopped. The usual suspects are mostly out of stock and the ones that price gouge are doing so. Aside from finding a good deal at an obscure LGS gun broker is probably your best bet. That too will take some luck. The best option however, in my opinion is to just wait if you can. I have a mental list of things I would like to pick up and I will be back at it once these clowns stop trashing and burning things so we can get back to living civilized lives.
    Troublesx10 and Ironminer thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by KameronTKelly View Post
    Thanks are tough right now in the gun world. The panic buying started a while ago and hasn't stopped. The usual suspects are mostly out of stock and the ones that price gouge are doing so. Aside from finding a good deal at an obscure LGS gun broker is probably your best bet. That too will take some luck. The best option however, in my opinion is to just wait if you can. I have a mental list of things I would like to pick up and I will be back at it once these clowns stop trashing and burning things so we can get back to living civilized lives.
    your right kam. I’m in no rush. Really.

I am always curious how people find things and how they go about choosing right search engines. I used to use google before they took a stand against the 2a) but now they alter their searches based upon seller subscriptions and fees. is there a pro 2a search engine?
    Ironminer thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

If there is a non biased comprehensive search engine out there I am not aware of it. I search the websites I have always used manually. It takes more time but it’s the only way to get an honest picture of the market. Prices are just too f$cked for guns right now and ammo as well. Right now I have been focusing on stuff that wasn’t hit by the panic buying crowd. Black powder rifle, optics, bow, lights and my vault. If I did stumble across a gun that I wanted at a fair price I would buy it.
    Troublesx10 and Ironminer thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    Ask Lester, he is the obi wan of finding difficult to find items at reasonable prices...
    mjk1, Troublesx10 and LESTER thanked this.

I think we all search the same web sites you are looking at Troublesx10. I google...say SCAR17 for sale, and see what pops up. Sometimes I find an unknown entity pops up. But my method - like most I guess - I sign up for the email me when it's back in stock notification. Be advised, you may get those emails 12 times over again after you buy it though - even if you unsubscribe from it lol. But the notify me when it comes in alerts has been my go to method after searching my known places. Of course, gunbroker too, which nowadays is pretty much an auction for the highest bidder of hard to get items, and top dollar is paid. But sometimes you get lucky and find the right item with a reasonable buy now option.
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurky View Post
    Ask Lester, he is the obi wan of finding difficult to find items at reasonable prices...
    yeah—- I know. His Google fu is way out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon Man View Post
    I think we all search the same web sites you are looking at Troublesx10. I google...say SCAR17 for sale, and see what pops up. Sometimes I find an unknown entity pops up. But my method - like most I guess - I sign up for the email me when it's back in stock notification. Be advised, you may get those emails 12 times over again after you buy it though - even if you unsubscribe from it lol. But the notify me when it comes in alerts has been my go to method after searching my known places. Of course, gunbroker too, which nowadays is pretty much an auction for the highest bidder of hard to get items, and top dollar is paid. But sometimes you get lucky and find the right item with a reasonable buy now option.
    Or

I have used GIBIRU they done have political affiliations and don’t keep cookies. They have had some unreal deal— but it is u filtered (much different than google), but not as easy to work with. Google takes the biggest and sells opportunity to move up in web searches. So a lot of items are out there but never show up on the radar for an example.
    Ironminer and Canyon Man thanked this.

Based upon what you should know, stop using Google. Go with duck duck go, it takes a few days to get used to, but if the government goes to duck duck go to see what you have been searching, they do not store it and they will not give them any information. But, if they go to Google, they will have everything about you. Also duck duck go, you get a lot less ads and no targeting. I also suggest gun deals and ammo seek for some good websites to search current holdings.
    Ironminer, Canyon Man and Troublesx10 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by brokegun View Post
    Based upon what you should know, stop using Google. Go with duck duck go, it takes a few days to get used to, but if the government goes to duck duck go to see what you have been searching, they do not store it and they will not give them any information. But, if they go to Google, they will have everything about you. Also duck duck go, you get a lot less ads and no targeting. I also suggest gun deals and ammo seek for some good websites to search current holdings.

never heard of this search engine. Will start using it today. Thank you.

Sponsored Links