FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thanks Tree110Thanks

Thread: Why do people hunt bears ?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    While I am responsible for the SCAMMER avatar attached to the member.
    You have another one of those avatars handy! I think we have another one Looming nearby Lol!!
    hillbillyjim, Smurky and dank thanked this.

I like bears, but I wouldn’t want to meet them one on one. I remember news from some city in Russia where bears walk the streets and enter residential buildings. It's horrible.

Hillbillyjim, i legit have a 6" blued python for sale. LMFAO

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    This thread needs laid to rest! lol!!!!
    dank, SCAR'd Mike and hillbillyjim thanked this.

Bear.jpg

Because I can.

Fair chase hunt, no bait. 215 yards, head shot. DRT.
    Last edited by jaflowers; 11-12-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    Canyon Man, LESTER and hillbillyjim thanked this.

I've eaten and enjoyed black bear before, not my favorite, but good. I also used to work for a meat processor, and some would bring bear in for sausage just like venison--also good.
    As for population control, there are areas where black bears are very plentiful.
    As for the baiting, I don't have a strong feeling about it, but I'd point out the following. Hunting used to be (long ago) about getting food rather than as it is now for a lot of people about being sporting. So, way back when, people developed methods of hunting that were efficient at getting meat rather than being sporting. Baiting is one such method. If your trying to plow a field with a horse, make some clothes, and cut wood for the winter, you probably don't have enough time to chase bears around for a week. Thus, you figure out how to get them as easy as possible. Some of those old methods survive--right or wrong. And, those that grew up with them will tend to see them as the norm.
    I'm currently building points for a Wisconsin bear hunt, and if and when I get one, it will be consumed.
    jaflowers and Big Muddy thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fnandfn View Post
    I've eaten and enjoyed black bear before, not my favorite, but good. I also used to work for a meat processor, and some would bring bear in for sausage just like venison--also good.
    As for population control, there are areas where black bears are very plentiful.
    As for the baiting, I don't have a strong feeling about it, but I'd point out the following. Hunting used to be (long ago) about getting food rather than as it is now for a lot of people about being sporting. So, way back when, people developed methods of hunting that were efficient at getting meat rather than being sporting. Baiting is one such method. If your trying to plow a field with a horse, make some clothes, and cut wood for the winter, you probably don't have enough time to chase bears around for a week. Thus, you figure out how to get them as easy as possible. Some of those old methods survive--right or wrong. And, those that grew up with them will tend to see them as the norm.
    I'm currently building points for a Wisconsin bear hunt, and if and when I get one, it will be consumed.
    post number#3 Why do people hunt bears? - HuntingNet ... lmfao!!!!

I live in Maine, we have the highest population of black bears. WE NEED THEM HUNTED. We have to keep there population in check. If not, its not good. As far as baiting goes, i am not for it. I would rather just hunt one. But they are extremely hard to hunt, and people use baiting and trapping to help keep there numbers low. I have hunted every game in maine and never got a bear, only ever seen one once while bird hunting. They hide and can be very quite running thru the woods.

And there meat is very good!

In the Anchorage Borough bear hunting is not allowed and because there is never any hunting pressure on bears they do not fear humans and as a result a lot of errant bears are killed and buried. Why? Because they become very dangerous and killing a bear in Alaska is more serious than killing another human.

If they allowed even limited hunting, even bow hunting or shotguns for just two weeks a year on limited draw permits the bears would learn to avoid human contact and everyone would be happier and healthier, but Alaska was invaded by Libtards who lack reasoning skills and it has been banned. So, people break down brown bears with shotguns and bury them and keep their mouths shut when a bear becomes dangerous.

Why turn to the government when one can solve the problem on their own by themselves?

I think we hunt bears because of the right to keep and arm bears. So they can shoot back....
    jaflowers thanked this.
    If the truth hurts, take a good long look in the mirror....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links