Favorite Knife? - Page 4

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thanks Tree36Thanks

Thread: Favorite Knife?

I am a sog fan. For edc i carry a seal Xr and for work a sog escape. They get a lot of use.
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

I own a few sogs too. Great knives. I like the seal fixed, but it is almost a bit to
    thin.
    LESTER thanked this.

Any thoughts on a good general purpose length? I'm torn between 4 and 5 inch?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    solid choice. For what it’s worth, I have the 3,4,and 5– the 4 I use the most. I ordered it with both top and bottom sharpened and it is awesome. The micarta / linen handles are awesome. No hotspots when working with it. The kydex sheath works perfectly. I have it mounted at 6 on my training belt- and it stays put. What ever the task running, shooting in different positions and during transitions/transferring into and out of positions.
    Where did you pick yours up? I'm interested in your mention of "top sharpening". I don't fully understand as I thought the Esee 4 is single edge.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

My favorite knife is the one I am used to. I buy a knife, carry it, get used to it, and it is my favorite. When it gets replaced, because I lost it, or got it taken away because I forgot it was in my pocket at the airport, or because the clip finally broke (SIG), I buy a new one, and it's never as good as the one I was used to. Then I get used to the new one, and it is my favorite.

Kershaw is good, and cheap, there are lots of good $20 to $25 models on Amazon.
    Art Neergaard
    ShootingSight LLC
    Rolled Plate Steel Triggers.

513-702-4879

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingSight View Post
    My favorite knife is the one I am used to. I buy a knife, carry it, get used to it, and it is my favorite. When it gets replaced, because I lost it, or got it taken away because I forgot it was in my pocket at the airport, or because the clip finally broke (SIG), I buy a new one, and it's never as good as the one I was used to. Then I get used to the new one, and it is my favorite.

Kershaw is good, and cheap, there are lots of good $20 to $25 models on Amazon.

^^^ good advice— too

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    Where did you pick yours up? I'm interested in your mention of "top sharpening". I don't fully understand as I thought the Esee 4 is single edge.
    directly from their webpage. Most knives they sell can come in various configurations. Serrated, single grinds, top/bottom sharp with serations. They are serious about that stuff. They run a training course in the amazon- where you survive with all that you have on you- and one of their knives.
    Milspec thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    Any thoughts on a good general purpose length? I'm torn between 4 and 5 inch?
    The 4 I used for more fine stuff– carving pumpkin this year, the 5 more for camping. Both would do the other job- it’s more like which would be easier to do what ever kind of work you maybe doing.
    Last edited by Troublesx10; 05-31-2020 at 12:11 AM.
    Milspec thanked this.

Mine is my EDC Wilson Combat Star-Light Tactical Folder, 4" Drop Point, Wilson Tactical / Hogue Knives - I don't leave home without it and the Kimber Ultra Carry II 45acp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SCAR'd Mike; 05-30-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    LESTER, Milspec and Troublesx10 thanked this.

i no longer have it because it was stolen from my car...but my favorite and most useful knife of all time was my Emerson Super Karambit. still trying to land another one without the newer, angled talon edge.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links