Beware of Frontier/Hornady 75 gr Match ammo - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree31Thanks

Thread: Beware of Frontier/Hornady 75 gr Match ammo

Added a photo of two projectiles I pulled. People kept insisting it was just mashed in.
    Canyon Man, Smurky and akitainu thanked this.

Well alrighty then. I recently gave my son in law and daughter a 20 inch AR, mags, fail zero bolt carrier, extra bolt and carrier, the whole set up...and you guessed it...ammo too...And of course, there was some 75 grain Frontier HP's in the mix. I told him it wasn't premium ammo, but was still 75 grain hollow points, and would still do a decent job for self defense. They moved into a new house like the first week the virus scare really took off. All they had was a gen 5 Glock 19. New neighborhood, as they had the house built to their specs. I worry - and my daughter would expect something like an AR for self defense as a house warming gift lol. Poor guy was in the Coast Guard. Seen pics of him with all sorts of fire power. Explained the rifle to him, and when he didn't know what I was talking about with the barrel twist being 1 in 7, I again worried lol. I tried to interest him in an AK after that, but he said he was familiar with and trained on the AR platform lol. So now I've got to have them check the ammo to be sure it's actually hollow points. Thanks for posting this up. I don't want them counting on that ammo for self defense without checking it. So if you'll excuse me, I've gotta make a phone call before it gets too late now. Good grief ! lol
    LESTER, Smurky, akitainu and 1 others thanked this.

Indeed those are not the same. Sorry your pics from the get go didn't really have the best angle, I'd be contacting them, but they likely they don't care
    Smurky thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
    Indeed those are not the same. Sorry your pics from the get go didn't really have the best angle, I'd be contacting them, but they likely they don't care
    Waiting to hear back... about 1 week to get a response via email.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon Man View Post
    Well alrighty then. I recently gave my son in law and daughter a 20 inch AR, mags, fail zero bolt carrier, extra bolt and carrier, the whole set up...and you guessed it...ammo too...And of course, there was some 75 grain Frontier HP's in the mix. I told him it wasn't premium ammo, but was still 75 grain hollow points, and would still do a decent job for self defense. They moved into a new house like the first week the virus scare really took off. All they had was a gen 5 Glock 19. New neighborhood, as they had the house built to their specs. I worry - and my daughter would expect something like an AR for self defense as a house warming gift lol. Poor guy was in the Coast Guard. Seen pics of him with all sorts of fire power. Explained the rifle to him, and when he didn't know what I was talking about with the barrel twist being 1 in 7, I again worried lol. I tried to interest him in an AK after that, but he said he was familiar with and trained on the AR platform lol. So now I've got to have them check the ammo to be sure it's actually hollow points. Thanks for posting this up. I don't want them counting on that ammo for self defense without checking it. So if you'll excuse me, I've gotta make a phone call before it gets too late now. Good grief ! lol
    That is frustrating! Soft points work well for close range. The OTM (open tip match) are not the same as pistol “hollow points”. The open tip is for ballistic Long range efficiency. For terminal ballistics, they act like full metal jacket “ball ammo”. You are a good asset to your daughter and her family!

Still no response from Hornady

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
    Still no response from Hornady
    It may take them awhile to respond due to Covid-19 thing going around! lol!!!
    Smurky thanked this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links