New Suppressor

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By jake127
  • 2 Post By jake127

Thread: New Suppressor

New Suppressor

My stamp finally came back and I gotta say I love this new Suppressor. I wanted a lightweight .22/5.7 suppressor that I could put on my SBR'd PS90 Colt Railgun, and 10/22. This one weighs 4.15 ounces with all 8 baffles, and 2.45 ounces in the shorter configuration. I looked into a couple 556 cans and thought they would add too much weight. I don't plan to do mag dumps. I came across Energetic Armament and their all titanium suppressors. The NYX seemed really good, but then I say the NYX Mod 2 which is modular. Long story short, my stamp came back a week ago and I have since picked it up and put some rounds through it.

To start with, it has K baffles, 4 in each section. I put it on my PS90 in both configurations and it worked pretty well in either. I then took it apart to look at the baffles before putting it on the .22. I had fired 10 AE rounds, and 10 SS195LF's through it. They both sounded the same, and were a little louder when using only the 4 baffle setup. However, it wasn't very dirty at all. It did heat up quite a bit though, and I was glad I brought an Ove-Glove. It requires a 13/16 wrench or socket to take it apart. The end caps just screw off. I then fired about 40 rounds of 22 through it. When I got home I disassembled it again and used CLP and a toothbrush to clean off most of the crud, then put it in my wifes ultrasonic cleaner with a 50/50 water/Simple Green mix. It only ran for 3 minutes at a time, but I started with hot water and it has a heater to keep the temperature up. I think I ran it about 10 times, turning the parts over every few times. The front baffles were completely clean after just a few sessions, and the two baffles closest to the thread adapter still have a couple of spots on them. Everything else is spotless though so I decided not to spend more time on parts that were going to be dirty after just a few rounds anyway. I was told by the manufacturer that I could use harsher chemicals, but decided to stick with what I had and avoid the harsher stuff. I then wiped it all down, put anti-seize on the threads, and put it back together.

I really like it. It is so light that you don't even feel it on the end of the barrel. It is small enough diameter that I can use the stock sights on both the 10/22 and Colt Raligun that I shot it on. And it doesn't interfere with my under barrel laser mount on the PS90. Although, if I was going to run a lot of rounds, I would probably take the plastic laser off to avoid melting it. Anyway, if you are looking for a lightweight and easy to clean suppressor, i would definitely recommend the NYX Mod 2 from Energetic Armament.

IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    Big Muddy thanked this.

What is the decibel rating on these?

I don't know, they do not list one on the website.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    Congrats on the new can, how long did you have to wait and trust or individual?

Thanks, I did the paperwork as an individual, and it took about 7 months start to finish. They cashed the check on Feb 15, and the stamp came back on August 23 to my FFL. I think I mailed everything at the end of January.
    Smurky and CDR_Glock thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurky View Post
    Congrats on the new can, how long did you have to wait and trust or individual?
    Mine took 9 months (mid February to early October), using a trust for 4 suppressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats on your new can. Be careful, they're addictive.

Sponsored Links