— seeking guidance with Nfa compliance—. - Page 4

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Thanks Tree107Thanks

Thread: — seeking guidance with Nfa compliance—.

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    Thanks smurky. Will do. I moved from Colorado to north Dakota / Minnesota, to Florida, and now I’m headed to Tennessee. I honestly can say I have appreciated the experience, but hate the process. Only know each step has resulted in better experiences and each time. Im sure the 3 star state only has more to come.
    I hated the process too, he11 of a lot of stress.
    LESTER and akitainu thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    first off-... I want to thank you hk for the reply. I know it took time, effort and energy to reply in earnest to me. Thank you sir.

1). As for mailing the 2 copies — can one be original and one be a photocopy if the original—- or do I have to send 2 copies of originals??

2). is it ok to paper clip them to separate both sets of copies, and mail at same time??

im traveling from Florida to Tennessee. I can go thru Georgia or Alabama to get there. I have to look at which is a better route, as I don’t know much about either state.

1). Any idea is one is a better route than another??

I also didn’t know about traveling with ammo and guns at same time. I’m making 2 trips so I can easily separate both in the trips.
    One original and a photocopy is OK. Staple them or paper clip them together. Staples work better as they are not as bulky as paper clips for mailing purposes. You can mail all six applications in the same envelope.

I do not know which Strate is better as state laws have changed since the last time I traveled, so you will have to do the research on this. I do believe that GA is better then AL though, but again, it depends on what you have for NFA items and what are allowed in each state you travel through.

You can travel with guns and ammo and mags at the same time. Just keep the ammo and mags in separate locked containers, not in the travel compartment of the vehicle. Keep the guns dismantled and locked up using appropriate means to secure them, not in the travel compartment of the vehicle. The purpose behind this is to make it as difficult as possible to allow you to get to the ammo, then get to the mags, then get to the firearms, to have a loaded firearm fully operational. The funny thing about this is that you can have all your locks use a single key so that you do not have to carry 20 different keys with you, which in actuality makes it easier to assemble and load a firearm.

This is truly the classic example of the stupidity of it all, while traveling with firearms.
    akitainu and Milspec thanked this.

Thanks smurky. Will do. I moved from Colorado to north Dakota / Minnesota, to Florida, and now I’m headed to Tennessee. I honestly can say I have appreciated the experience, but hate the process. Only know each step has resulted in better experiences and each time. Im sure the 3 star state only has more to come.
    Where in North Dakota did you live? That's where I was born, and where the bulk of my extended family is still burrowed in.

Man, I hate moving more than just about anything. That last move from VA back to TX just about did us in. Me, the wife, 3 big dogs, 5 pissed off cats...all crammed in a mini-van for 26 hours straight. The smell was brutal and the mood was sour...maybe vice versa. I had so much caffeine in me that I couldn't sleep for two days.

I'd like to get the hell out of this town, but probably never will due to my general loathing of the moving process.

I was lucky that that was before I got bit by the NFA bug. It was a weird felling at the time tough, watching the movers wheel my safe up onto the truck. I had a nagging fear that I'd never see it again.

Well, It looks like you got a handle on all the NFA stuff. Good luck again, Troubles.
    Last edited by akitainu; 04-10-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: typo
    dank, Milspec, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.
    "When I mount the scaffold at last these will be my farewell words to the sheriff: Say what you will against me when I am gone, but don’t forget to add, in common justice, that I was never converted to anything." - H. L. Mencken

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Moving does suck but I can't wait to do it at least one last time. I'm willing to make it happen to get out from under the iron curtain!
    akitainu, Smurky and Troublesx10 thanked this.

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    The only thing good about moving every few years is the “junk” is pared down some. I tend to save “good” stuff and then of course can’t find it when I need it. I admit my organization skills are lacking.

Troubles where did you live in ND and Scott I knew there was a connection? I was born in Minot and lived in Harvey. My maternal Grandfather was depot agent at a little town called Parshall and Paternal GF homesteaded and farmed NW of Parshall. I was 14 when we moved to WI but still have family scattered around Bismarck and Northwest of Grandforks.
    akitainu, LESTER, Milspec and 1 others thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurky View Post
    The only thing good about moving every few years is the “junk” is pared down some. I tend to save “good” stuff and then of course can’t find it when I need it. I admit my organization skills are lacking.

Troubles where did you live in ND and Scott I knew there was a connection? I was born in Minot and lived in Harvey. My maternal Grandfather was depot agent at a little town called Parshall and Paternal GF homesteaded and farmed NW of Parshall. I was 14 when we moved to WI but still have family scattered around Bismarck and Northwest of Grandforks.
    The world's a small place sometimes.

I was born in Mayville. Most of my relatives live in the Grand Forks area nowadays. I moved to OK when I was four, buy we went back every summer (and sometimes for Christmas) into my teens. We'd drive from there (GF) to Lake of the Woods every summer to go fishing and stay in a cabin. Those were good times. Sadly, I haven't been back myself since then.

My grandfather had a farm also, but before my time. He was a truck driver when I was born. From what I understand, I'm the first generation that didn't grow up on a farm...in the US or back in Norway.
    Smurky and Troublesx10 thanked this.
    "When I mount the scaffold at last these will be my farewell words to the sheriff: Say what you will against me when I am gone, but don’t forget to add, in common justice, that I was never converted to anything." - H. L. Mencken

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Hell, I moved 19 times in the 20 years that I was in the military. A lot of short term assignments. Three tours in Europe took 8.5 years, two tours in the US took 6.5 years, so the other 14 moves were done in 5 years. These were dispersed throughout my career though. So when I retired from the military and finally settled down, I spent the next 26 years in Florida hoping to never move again. Now I will probably have to move again due to the pending divorce which will require me to downsize because this house is just too big for me to take care of alone. And here I thought I was done with moving.......
    akitainu, Smurky, Milspec and 2 others thanked this.

In North Dakota, I lived in wahpeton. My gf at the time was from minot and her dad stationed at minot AFB. Had several friends and spent several trips to MN. Devils lake, Detroit lakes- cold but good and simple times. Miami, fl followed and was the polar opposite. Now it’s back to the hills, 4 seasons, conservative mostly English speaking smiling people. I’ve learned a lot. Can’t say anything negative about my lessons, but have grown all the way.
    akitainu, LESTER and Smurky thanked this.

Mailed today 4-15-20, USPS priority.
    akitainu and Smurky thanked this.

Ok so update 5-21-20

no word, interaction with atf related to my change of address. I just emailed them with the same information /form, and posted a question to the status re my forms.

what to do next?? I’m not sure if they are closed or limited staffing due to covid?? Any ideas or insight. Have a planned move in 3 weeks. Looking for help.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links