— seeking guidance with Nfa compliance—. - Page 5

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Thanks Tree107Thanks

Thread: — seeking guidance with Nfa compliance—.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    Ok so update 5-21-20

no word, interaction with atf related to my change of address. I just emailed them with the same information /form, and posted a question to the status re my forms.

what to do next?? I’m not sure if they are closed or limited staffing due to covid?? Any ideas or insight. Have a planned move in 3 weeks. Looking for help.
    Give them a call to make sure that they are in the system. Over a month is too long for approvals on this, but like you said, they may have downsized and are getting backlogged again, or some of their people may be out due to COVID19.

Personally, I just emailed some 5320.20's to see if this is a faster route than USPS mailing. Will let you know when and if I get the approvals back. The problem with emailed forms is that you have no proof that the forms have been sent to them for approval. At least using the USPS, you can get a receipt that the mail was received from them.

Best bet right now is to call them and tell them that your are on hold in your move because you are awaiting the approval to move the NFA items.

Ahh, this is my fear. Trying to coordinate all this stuff with a move. As soon as I find a new job out of state the house is going on the market. Of, course with the bug killing the economy it totally monkey wrenched my plans.

I'm still forging ahead though, darn it! Never quit never surrender!

I'm following this thread for this purpose. Best of luck Troublesx10, I hope it call gets resolved rapidly.
    akitainu thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    Give them a call to make sure that they are in the system. Over a month is too long for approvals on this, but like you said, they may have downsized and are getting backlogged again, or some of their people may be out due to COVID19.

Personally, I just emailed some 5320.20's to see if this is a faster route than USPS mailing. Will let you know when and if I get the approvals back. The problem with emailed forms is that you have no proof that the forms have been sent to them for approval. At least using the USPS, you can get a receipt that the mail was received from them.

Best bet right now is to call them and tell them that your are on hold in your move because you are awaiting the approval to move the NFA items.

I will do that. I tried to find their number today— after emailing them, and re-submitting via email my applications — but the atf page seems to re- direct you toward email only. Not sure how to find the number other than trial and error.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    Ahh, this is my fear. Trying to coordinate all this stuff with a move. As soon as I find a new job out of state the house is going on the market. Of, course with the bug killing the economy it totally monkey wrenched my plans.

I'm still forging ahead though, darn it! Never quit never surrender!

I'm following this thread for this purpose. Best of luck Troublesx10, I hope it call gets resolved rapidly.

yes sir!! Couldn’t be a worse time. I didn’t choose this silly co-vid drama- but I’m in the process of a move, putting my place on the market and moving to a new state to find work and start finding life again. My prayers are with you. Think of me and lift me up aswell.
    akitainu and Milspec thanked this.

yes sir!! Couldn’t be a worse time. I didn’t choose this silly co-vid drama- but I’m in the process of a move, putting my place on the market and moving to a new state to find work and start finding life again. My prayers are with you. Think of me and lift me up aswell.
    Thanks very much! It sounds like we could both use all the help we can get. I'll say some words for you.
    Troublesx10 and Smurky thanked this.

So finally got ahold of someone at the atf. Called my local number which was forwarded to dc. The agent reported everything is delayed due to the corona virus. I explained how it normally doesn’t take this much time and I have a final move in 3 weeks. To which his reply was “call the week of your move” we will try to expedite it. So we continue to wait.
    akitainu thanked this.

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    So finally got ahold of someone at the atf. Called my local number which was forwarded to dc. The agent reported everything is delayed due to the corona virus. I explained how it normally doesn’t take this much time and I have a final move in 3 weeks. To which his reply was “call the week of your move” we will try to expedite it. So we continue to wait.
    Yea, relax with that answer.
    akitainu, LESTER and Troublesx10 thanked this.

^ yeah I know. I was polite and open for conversation with the agent and the vibe I got from
    him was that I was a pesky and annoying civilian. Im like “dude— seriously”. I’m obeying the law here and complying with all laws— just take out the rubber stamp, ink it, stamp it, and mail it back”. 5 mins tops.
    akitainu and Smurky thanked this.

So ridiculous. What, are you suppose to tell your moving guys, "Hey I need to reschedule because the ATF won't let me move my hardware".

I understand the corona bug slow down but I never found it acceptable that this form typically takes a month to get approved during normal times. The NFA items are yours, they have already been transferred to you or a trust. Would it take two weeks or a month to get a hall pass in high school to go take a leak? Com'on it's a hall pass. A month is way too long. 72 hr turnaround should be the standard period. There isn't much to research on their end. A quick look in the registry and ok, the stuff his, hers etc. Signature and move it out. Not to mention doing it through email should be the standard.
    Last edited by Milspec; 05-23-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    So ridiculous. What, are you suppose to tell your moving guys, "Hey I need to reschedule because the ATF won't let me move my hardware".

I understand the corona bug slow down but I never found it acceptable that this form typically takes a month to get approved during normal times. The NFA items are yours, they have already been transferred to you or a trust. Would it take two weeks or a month to get a hall pass in high school to go take a leak? Com'on it's a hall pass. A month is way too long. 72 hr turnaround should be the standard period. There isn't much to research on their end. A quick look in the registry and ok, the stuff his, hers etc. Signature and move it out. Not to mention doing it through email should be the standard.

yep^^^^^ exactly. Not to mention the attitude of the agent. He sounded like I woke him up in the middle of the night. Just presented with an attitude of: “why are you bothering me with this”. Example here of why things run more efficiently when done privately. All they really have to do is send a “recieved and approved” post card and that’s it. Put a signature on it. I spent the time effort and energy as well as cash to do it all. They have all of it already!!!
    Smurky, akitainu and Milspec thanked this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links