— seeking guidance with Nfa compliance—. - Page 6

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thanks Tree107Thanks

Thread: — seeking guidance with Nfa compliance—.

ATF responded via mail to my emailed 5320.20 about 3 weeks after sending on 4/30.
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

Seems email is best way to go! Mice job.

Recieved email today with my approval. The agent said usual turn around is 30 days, and that suppressors and non-firearms were not Needed in submission forms. She also apologized for the delay. I was planning a trip to travel May 5 on my form. Now I’m talking about 6-12 to travel with them. Hope the documents are here before then.

I think I have learned the fastest way is the email version with the forms mailed with tracking to follow is the best way to do this.
    LESTER and Smurky thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

One last note to add. What I did was fill out the forms, the. Take pictures of them with my iPhone. I stores those photos and when I “faxed” them, all I did was write them an email and attach the photos. It was the same thread that they replied to, telling me they were approved.
    Smurky thanked this.

What email did you use? I would like to put that on file. With any luck I might be filling out a 5320.20 before the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    Recieved email today with my approval. The agent said usual turn around is 30 days, and that suppressors and non-firearms were not Needed in submission forms. She also apologized for the delay. I was planning a trip to travel May 5 on my form. Now I’m talking about 6-12 to travel with them. Hope the documents are here before then.

I think I have learned the fastest way is the email version with the forms mailed with tracking to follow is the best way to do this.
    You still need the hard copy approval before you go correct? The email approval does not count I'm guessing. You can't print it out? Or the agent just replied that they are approved and "on the way"?
    Smurky and Troublesx10 thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    You still need the hard copy approval before you go correct? The email approval does not count I'm guessing. You can't print it out? Or the agent just replied that they are approved and "on the way"?
    You need a hard copy or a electronic copy of the approval. Them telling you that it has been approved is not sufficient. If they emailed you the approvals, you should have the approved and signed 5320.20's attached to the email so that you can print them out.

"On the way" is not sufficient.

I would submit the 5320.20s now. I send mine in for a yearly approval for the places that I usually go. I submit 3 different 5320.20 for three different addresses in three different states and they are all for a one year period of time.
    Milspec, Smurky and Troublesx10 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    You need a hard copy or a electronic copy of the approval. Them telling you that it has been approved is not sufficient. If they emailed you the approvals, you should have the approved and signed 5320.20's attached to the email so that you can print them out.

"On the way" is not sufficient.

I would submit the 5320.20s now. I send mine in for a yearly approval for the places that I usually go. I submit 3 different 5320.20 for three different addresses in three different states and they are all for a one year period of time.

yep!! Recieved my email today with the approvals in pdf format.
    Smurky and Milspec thanked this.

What email did you use? I would like to put that on file. With any luck I might be filling out a 5320.20 before the end of summer.

the one of their webpage, which is also on the back of the form itself.
    Milspec thanked this.

yes. He was trying to communicate it was approved and on its way to you.
    Milspec thanked this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links