NFA Question - Moving to new house. - Page 5

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thanks Tree69Thanks

Thread: NFA Question - Moving to new house.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    You guys are overthinking this.
    1. You do not have to update your address on the trust. If you want your trust to be from the new state that you live in (no reason for this but lets assume) then have a local lawyer rewrite the trust and save you the transfer fees.
    2. A 5320.20 is not required for silencers however the ATF would like for you to do one so they can track them. The choice is up to you.
    3. If you are moving states then file a 5320.20 for a transport of your SBR to that state. Once you have an address do a 5320.20 for a permanent address change.
    4. If you move within the state an new 5320.20 is NOT required.
    Hello Jeremy, thank you for this. Very useful and constructive!

Hello, I think it should not cause legal problems. You fill all the paper accurately, at that moment, but I would suggest you to consult a lawyer anyway.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by soares00 View Post
    Hello Jeremy, thank you for this. Very useful and constructive!
    Quote Originally Posted by slime1010 View Post
    Hello, I think it should not cause legal problems. You fill all the paper accurately, at that moment, but I would suggest you to consult a lawyer anyway.
    SCAR'd Mike and TheGunGeek thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    The FTB fry's my a$$ sometime. My three 5320.20's were denied because I did not put in the "Mode of Transportation" which is not required unless you use a common carrier. I have never before put anything in this block in all the 5320.20's that I have ever submitted. Every one that I have gotten back approved from the FTB did not have this block filled in. Today I was told that "the mode of transportation is required".

So now I have to call the "inspector" and explain to her that this field has never been required to be filled in before. Another 5 weeks wasted with the FTB. I called yesterday and they said that they were disapproved on the 11th. Hopefully I can convince her to pencil in "Private Conveyance" and then approved the forms......

What are you suppose to put in for mode of transportation? Jet-ski, scooter, skateboard, FedEx, my feet?

You put “private vehicle”. That’s what I put in mine.
    Milspec thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    The point is that they previously approved 3 of the yearly 5320.20's in the last 4 years. None of these ever had a "Mode of Transportation" listed and now all of a sudden, they disapproved the forms that are in all essence identical to previously submitted forms that were approved.

I once had an inspector that disapproved one of my yearly 5320.20's because she stated that "I was using the form to do a go around the country vacation with NFA items and that is not what the form is used for".

So it seems that it all depends on which inspector is looking at your forms.....
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    The point is that they previously approved 3 of the yearly 5320.20's in the last 4 years. None of these ever had a "Mode of Transportation" listed and now all of a sudden, they disapproved the forms that are in all essence identical to previously submitted forms that were approved.

I once had an inspector that disapproved one of my yearly 5320.20's because she stated that "I was using the form to do a go around the country vacation with NFA items and that is not what the form is used for".

So it seems that it all depends on which inspector is looking at your forms.....

the only thing I could add, would be that while I agree with you hk- the best way to do this is email, with post office delivery as backup. You have to fill form, just photo it, email it, and drop your completed form in the mail with tracking delivery.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    the only thing I could add, would be that while I agree with you hk- the best way to do this is email, with post office delivery as backup. You have to fill form, just photo it, email it, and drop your completed form in the mail with tracking delivery.
    These were emailed. I spoke with the inspector and she can't even explain why the change. Like everything government, it comes down to "just because...".
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    These were emailed. I spoke with the inspector and she can't even explain why the change. Like everything government, it comes down to "just because...".

sorry to hear that HK. Government Cant do the simple things right.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links