Scar 16 & 17 Timney triggers

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By infidel/crusader
  • 2 Post By CPTdaz

Thread: Scar 16 & 17 Timney triggers

Scar 16 & 17 Timney triggers

Totally new to this forum so please forgive any errors in decorum.

I have Timney triggers in both my Scar 16 & 17. I recently had my Surefire cans released from NFA prison. The 17 has a muzzle brake and the 16 has a flash hider. Based on some other posts I rotated the gas regulator to the 10 o'clock position (if you face the barrel). The issue I had is both guns occasionally bump fired two rounds. The 17 was from off hand and the 16 was from prone on a rest. When I returned the gas regulator on the 16 back to vertical I did not experience the issue after another 40 rounds. I never experienced any of these issues with the rifles unsuppressed.

The question is why is this happening? Is it the Perfect Storm of aftermarket triggers + suppressor? Is my fat finger to blame? My larger concern is safety I don't want anyone getting hurt. I ran out of time and ammo to test the 12 o'clock position more. Any advice the wise sages of this forum can offer would be great.

Mix of fat finger , little to no trigger pull, and short reset........=bump fire
    10mmg thanked this.

Follow-up it appears that returning the regulator to vertical solved the problem for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by infidel/crusader View Post
    Mix of fat finger , little to no trigger pull, and short reset........=bump fire
    Pretty much this. First time shooters do that all the time on my Geissele 3SD trigger equipped AR. Dunno if suppressors would have anything to do with it other than changing the recoil characteristics (but they should technically soften recoil tho).
    infidel/crusader and 10mmg thanked this.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

Another follow up. Returning the 17 to the vertical position solved the issue both suppressed and non-suppressed. The 16 however did it with the suppressor and without. Any suggestions for a new trigger on the 16?

Replaced the Timney trigger in the 16 with a Giessle two stage. Problem solved.

Sponsored Links