SCAR 17 - Goodbye EOTech, Hello...1-4? - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree29Thanks

Thread: SCAR 17 - Goodbye EOTech, Hello...1-4?

From your choices/ I'd go with Vortex or the trijicon. I own both and have one on my scar! Vortex u can't go wrong-- only in not choosing the one u want.
    SnowSCAR thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by 17heavy View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but how long after your filled out and sent your return request did it take for you to get an RMA from Eotech?
    Requested the RMA Tuesday night, received approval this afternoon (day and half later) fwiw.

One thing I have read multiple times about the Vortex Viper PST 1-4, is that the illumination is not something that is useful in daylight, where as the other options seem to perform decent to well in daylight. Does anyone that has used one have feedback on this? I know that it is not really necessary to have the illumination during the day, but certainly would be an extra to have it.

Also, as mentioned, I plan to use an ADM Delta QD mount with whatever I decide to get. Is this mount overkill for a 1-4? My opinion at this point is that it may be, but for a solid mount (Plus QD), it's one of the better options. An option which could come in handy in the future too if/when I ever did decide to get a longer range or higher quality optic.
    Last edited by SnowSCAR; 12-10-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I have same mount- as mentioned. Works great and will clear the rear sight. To be specific I have the vortex razor hd on my scar 17, I had the trijicon on my 16 (I later replaced it with an acog). I do not have the viper, but I do own a few leupold similar to one mentioned (set up on a 30 cal). That is a solid deal too. I think if you could stretch your budget a bit- you could get a more bang and a great deal
    SnowSCAR thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSCAR View Post
    One thing I have read multiple times about the Vortex Viper PST 1-4, is that the illumination is not something that is useful in daylight, where as the other options seem to perform decent to well in daylight. Does anyone that has used one have feedback on this? I know that it is not really necessary to have the illumination during the day, but certainly would be an extra to have it.

Also, as mentioned, I plan to use an ADM Delta QD mount with whatever I decide to get. Is this mount overkill for a 1-4? My opinion at this point is that it may be, but for a solid mount (Plus QD), it's one of the better options. An option which could come in handy in the future too if/when I ever did decide to get a longer range or higher quality optic.
    If you want to regain weight saving but have a super solid mount - give this a read: Quiet DoD Geissele Project Revealed - Super Precision Mount | RECOIL

Bill will be selling these in 2016 both in 7075 t6 and the uber light 2099 (NASA uses the stuff) both machined from solid billet

My guess who the DOD customer is (more than likely CAG/CIF/FBI HRT) - and look and the mounting surface ... 2 recoil lugs and the cross bolts...tight tolerance to mate to the 1913 rail and V shape on the underside... DOD requirement for the optic to be removed and replace back and retain absolute zero.
    SnowSCAR and Big Muddy thanked this.

I have the Vortex PST 2.5-10 x 32 and can shoot both eyes open on 2.5 setting. I just purchased the Vortex Strike eagle 1-6 x 24 for another rifle. Have not shot with that one yet, but to me its the next one below 2.5x10 in range and is a true 1x on low setting.
    SnowSCAR thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    I have same mount- as mentioned. Works great and will clear the rear sight. To be specific I have the vortex razor hd on my scar 17, I had the trijicon on my 16 (I later replaced it with an acog). I do not have the viper, but I do own a few leupold similar to one mentioned (set up on a 30 cal). That is a solid deal too. I think if you could stretch your budget a bit- you could get a more bang and a great deal
    Excellent, great to hear more positives about that mount. That Vortex Razor HD looks like a great optic as well. I "could" stretch my budget a bit for this, but it would end up reducing my "making the SCAR quiet" fund!

Quote Originally Posted by bayonet14 View Post
    If you want to regain weight saving but have a super solid mount - give this a read: Quiet DoD Geissele Project Revealed - Super Precision Mount | RECOIL

Bill will be selling these in 2016 both in 7075 t6 and the uber light 2099 (NASA uses the stuff) both machined from solid billet

My guess who the DOD customer is (more than likely CAG/CIF/FBI HRT) - and look and the mounting surface ... 2 recoil lugs and the cross bolts...tight tolerance to mate to the 1913 rail and V shape on the underside... DOD requirement for the optic to be removed and replace back and retain absolute zero.
    Wow, now that looks interesting! That might just be worth the wait..although "unknown" pricing and availability might keep my ADM Delta on track to the mailbox. May just have to put it off for a little bit to see if any additional information trickles out. Thanks for the info though, hadn't seen anything about that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajan View Post
    I have the Vortex PST 2.5-10 x 32 and can shoot both eyes open on 2.5 setting. I just purchased the Vortex Strike eagle 1-6 x 24 for another rifle. Have not shot with that one yet, but to me its the next one below 2.5x10 in range and is a true 1x on low setting.
    Very nice, good to know. I will have to take a look through a range of options that are near the 1x to see what they look like.

Look at the trijicon accupoint tr24. I really like mine.
    SnowSCAR thanked this.

I have been switching all my optics to vortex slowly and up until recently thanks to a new range have hardly any experience with any mid range rifle shooting. I love the look of the 1x4 viper but can anyone explain to a dummy the difference between the moa and mrad reticle
    SnowSCAR thanked this.
    NRA Life Member

Sure you can trust the Government
    just ask any Indian

Quote Originally Posted by surfininsm View Post
    Look at the trijicon accupoint tr24. I really like mine.
    I did take a look through one of those the other day, I really do like Trijicon. The TR24 reticle didn't quite match what I'm looking for, however, it's still on my list of possibilities. But as I was just looking into it again just now, I see they released a new line this year. The Trijicon AccuPower - and the RS24 is very similar, however with a battery operated reticle instead of fiber optic. I really like the segmented circle/dot reticle option, albeit a .223 BDC. Another option to look into anyhow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links