SCAR 17 - Goodbye EOTech, Hello...1-4? - Page 4

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thanks Tree29Thanks

Thread: SCAR 17 - Goodbye EOTech, Hello...1-4?

I have 2 Nightforce NXS 1-4X24 scopes in use on my AR's and really like their compact size and weight.
    SnowSCAR thanked this.

My scar17 cqc wrecked a vortex 1-4. The reticle started rotating. It's out for warranty now.

When I get it back im putting it on a different rifle.
    I have a night force 1-4 on back i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SnowSCAR thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra644 View Post
    A Geissele optic mount used by the same material as NASA has 1 thing in common, the price will be astronomical lol.
    LOL...Yes. I have a feeling this would definitely be the case. I JUST jumped on an Amazon Warehouse deal for an American Defense Delta mount for $162 shipped, "New Condition, Packaging May Be Damaged" SOLD!

Snow, have you looked at the US Optics FFP SN-6 a 1.5-6 for $1,187.00 on SWFA? That and the mount is just under or at the cost of the Razor HD.
    Yes, I have looked at that...along with a few other 1-6 type optics. However, I am trying to keep my "suppressor stash" untouched. So I will do my best to stick to my self imposed budget.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

You can't shoot what you can't see lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody93 View Post
    I will also chime in and say SWFA's new 1-4. I have a Vortex ffp that I like, but it's a 2.5-10. I wanted a 1-4 and went looking at the Vortex again to fill my need. I didn't like the reticle, and the illumination was not what I'd hoped. I took a chance and ordered the SWFA without hands-on eval first. Absolutely love it. Excellent reticle, daylight bright, comes with a throw lever. The one I have has a diamond shaped center reticle with several zeroing options.

Good luck making your "quiet Scar"......even with the "quietener" on it, it's still loud.

GregM
    SWFA 1-4 looks nice as well, I will look into it. Yes, Vortex illumination doesn't sound like it's useful in daylight, which diminishes what I'm looking for as an all around optic.

Haha, a SCAR with a muzzle break is so UN quiet it makes my ears ring with electronic muffs. So, any "quieter" is a good thing. With any suppressor, I wouldn't expect Hollywood quiet. But anything beneath EAR BLEEDING loud would be quite wonderful. Plus...suppressor. With a SpecWar I can cover multiple firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Performify View Post
    SnowScar I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm shopping for a replacement for my 16S which formerly wore an EXPS3 + G23 magnifier.

Like you, I was thinking a 1-4 or a 1-6.

The RAZOR HD GEN II 1-6 was my top choice but I'm concerned about the weight on my shorty scar.

The Vcog is also a strong contender but I'm not a specific fan of the battery... and the price... and the weight.

the Leupold D-EVO is really interesting but I haven't been able to find enough real-world feedback yet.
    Yeah, I had the EXPS2...and I was looking into the G23 magnifier. Even with just the EXPS2...the SCAR wasn't a "light" setup. So keeping my next option to a lighter weight setup, but adding funtionality, is a key requirement to me.

VCOG looks nice...but is heavier, the Trijicon RS24 seems like it does a similar job at 16oz. D-EVO...the theory sounds incredible(especially if I still had an EOTech), but for the price I need a lot more convincing! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by bblv View Post
    I just put a Razor 1-6x on my 17, but have a VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x on my 300BLK AR that I was considering selling. Like new shot 5 times at the indoor range, PM me if interested.
    Yeah, it'd be nice to go up to a 1-6...but budget and trying to keep the weight down make me really look at the 1-4's much more closely. Pm'd on the VX-R Patrol. Thanks.
    Last edited by SnowSCAR; 12-12-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSCAR View Post
    SWFA 1-4 looks nice as well, I will look into it. Yes, Vortex illumination doesn't sound like it's useful in daylight, which diminishes what I'm looking for as an all around optic.

Haha, a SCAR with a muzzle break is so UN quiet it makes my ears ring with electronic muffs. So, any "quieter" is a good thing. With any suppressor, I wouldn't expect Hollywood quiet. But anything beneath EAR BLEEDING loud would be quite wonderful. Plus...suppressor. With a SpecWar I can cover multiple firearms.

Yeah, I had the EXPS2...and I was looking into the G23 magnifier. Even with just the EXPS2...the SCAR wasn't a "light" setup. So keeping my next option to a lighter weight setup, but adding funtionality, is a key requirement to me.

VCOG looks nice...but is heavier, the Trijicon RS24 seems like it does a similar job at 16oz. D-EVO...the theory sounds incredible(especially if I still had an EOTech), but for the price I need a lot more convincing! Haha

Yeah, it'd be nice to go up to a 1-6...but budget and trying to keep the weight down make me really look at the 1-4's much more closely. Pm'd on the VX-R Patrol. Thanks.
    I have a Silencerco Omega enroute for my SCAR. I've been running a Gemtech quicksand, but moving it to 300 blackout duty. I still wear Surefire plugs with the suppressor. The FN brake is pretty obnoxious for sure, but does a great job of taming recoil. The SCAR feels like any other 308 with the brake removed.

GregM

Quote Originally Posted by chipw View Post
    My scar17 cqc wrecked a vortex 1-4. The reticle started rotating. It's out for warranty now.

When I get it back im putting it on a different rifle.
    I have a night force 1-4 on back i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm, even with a no questions asked warranty...that pushes me towards a higher quality optic. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by samnev View Post
    I have 2 Nightforce NXS 1-4X24 scopes in use on my AR's and really like their compact size and weight.
    Nightforce is a dream of mine, for the future. Just need to get a few other things first before I circle back, or...a promotion. Haha

You can't shoot what you can't see lol.
    So no scope/optic...sell my irons...close my eyes...and save money?! DONE! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody93 View Post
    I have a Silencerco Omega enroute for my SCAR. I've been running a Gemtech quicksand, but moving it to 300 blackout duty. I still wear Surefire plugs with the suppressor. The FN brake is pretty obnoxious for sure, but does a great job of taming recoil. The SCAR feels like any other 308 with the brake removed.

GregM
    I've been entering SilencerCo's Omega giveaway every day this month(and have bought .300blk Harvester, when I don't own one yet!), keeping my fingers crossed! Yeah, Surefire earplugs are pretty minimal with the necessary protection, especially with the caps out. The brake has an essential function, and definitely wouldn't want to increase the recoil by removing it to save on loudness. I haven't removed it to test. But will believe you about the recoil with it removed.

LOL now just get the bullets to curve and your good.

LOL now just get the bullets to curve and your good.
    Just have a good attorney to back up your Tornado® shooting technique...and you're GTG!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links